Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: MarooneyTOONS

Man Mountain [SUPPORTER] scmarooney's Avatar
    Here's some quick Star Wars sequential pages that I drew for my nephew as he is a huge Star Wars fan.
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

This is an xmen sketch, sort of a long-winded first pass or rough sketch that I've been working on the last few days.

Thanks for looking!
    -Sean

I love your squentials...really amazing. And the battle scene is coming along nicely. Great work
    Middle Weight * WINS: 08* LOSSES: 14 * KO: 04 * Months Champion 3 lightweight

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...=1#post1384552

Here's my second pass at the x-men/brotherhood battle. Still needs a bunch of work, so it's very much a WIP.

Here's the inks on the x-men thing I've been plugging away on the last few days. Will probably finish the background and color the figures (at least) with colored pencils. Stay tuned, LOL.

Here's a Fantastic Four vs. Hulk thing that I've was sketching today. Hope to finish it in the next few days, and beat this burned out feeling...

I love your process, dude! Ive finally figured out what was bugging me about Doomsday and Superman, though. The heavy blacks should be well placed on the central figures instead of in the background. Black leads your eyes around the composition, and should bring the viewers eyes where you want them to be. The heavier line weights should be on the central figures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flairbrusher View Post
    I love your process, dude! Ive finally figured out what was bugging me about Doomsday and Superman, though. The heavy blacks should be well placed on the central figures instead of in the background. Black leads your eyes around the composition, and should bring the viewers eyes where you want them to be. The heavier line weights should be on the central figures as well.
    Thanks for the tip, Flairbrusher! I appreciate any help I can get with my art, and have been actually trying to focus more on the line-weight thing for differentiating where figures are on the picture plane, probably with mixed results ?

Anyhow, here is the inks on my Hulk Vs. Fantastic Four piece, colors are next. Best thing I've found for beating a funk is just to work through it.

Your machines, buildings, ships, etc are all great. The anatomy proportions are generally pretty good as well, but I would suggest working on heads and hands. The left hand on Luke opening that bomb is especially awkward. The great thing about hands is you always have two great models for them wherever you go.