Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192

Thread: MarooneyTOONS

Man Mountain [SUPPORTER] scmarooney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tha Creep View Post
    DAT Splash on page 4 0_0
    Awesome!
    Thanks, Pete! Appreciate the kind words.

And here's page 7 from Sequential Mania #9. I mainly wanted to have a script/project to work on in a 100% digital way and this really fit the bill this time around. I was able to produce all of these pages fairly quickly (it seemed a lot quicker than doing it with the old fashioned pencils and pens) and while I still have about a thousand things to work on, I'm satisfied with the overall look of the pages. Hopefully this will spur me on to work some more on my personal webcomic project which has been languishing a bit for the last month or so ...

HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

The following two pages are from a contest for the 22nd of March where the inimitable Ridge and McNeil wanted to have themselves turned into superheroes in the second part of a "design and illustration" contest.

Coming hot on the heels of the Sequential Mania thing, I thought I'd draw up some more panels for this one. (I have a third page coming that I hope will be ready before the deadline that features the Villain in conflict with the protagonists):

This is the final image I have for the redesign/battle challenge. I orginally started drawing this image and my pencils can be seen above. As an interesting aside I got my dad to help me construct a "Centrolinead" (he has a ton of woodworking stuff, me- not so much ). I saw the design for it on James Gurney's blog and it's a device for drawing in perspective from the 19th century. I thought it was pretty interesting and it was a quick project (<2 hours). I used it to draw the 2 point perspective grid for the above drawing.

Unlike my previous 9 pages worth of stuff, this page is not 100% digital. I used good old analog pencil and paper to draw the main image, scanned it on my scanner and then digitally "inked" over the top of it. I intend to experiment more with that workflow-model in the near future.

The third picture above is the reference I used for the "evil-guy's" spider-robot. Using a perspective grid made it easier to (sort of) draw the robot in perspective and to keep the legs, more-or-less, right. I will probably use the Centrolinead in future illustrations, but it probably needs a bit of tweaking as it's on the large side (again going by the plans) and I might cut it down some to make it more convenient to use (I'm sure the bandsaw will make quick work of it ).

Geeze, it's been (almost)2 years since I've posted anything here ? Here's a quick drawing/thing for the weekly sketch group this week (kudos to the guys that are now doing a fine job running it, BTW) featuring Darkseid "VS" Thanos:

wow. two years. it just flies by, right? great to see new work from you, man.

Here is my page for the 100 artist Jack Kirby Tribute:

I love the original 6 issue run of the Incredible Hulk from way back in 1962 (years before I was born) and have tried to purchase the various reprints and Epic collections. I wanted to draw something for this project that encompassed the first 5 issues of the Incredible Hulk that Jack Kirby drew. I sketched and procrastinated right up to the last minute and then whipped up this page that (sort of) covers some of the high-points of those first 5 issues. Was half asleep when I added the text so I'm not sure it "works"? Ah well

A quick drawing/sketch for the WSG on a Sunday afternoon. This one features two of the horned-characters in the topic list: Hellboy and Magog. Big fan of the former, not so much of the latter

I was not paying attention and in that right-brained "mode" and put the Hand of Doom on Hellboy's left hand. Only after scanning did I realize my mistake and "flipped" the image in GIMP to make it "right".