Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 50%grey makes a mess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimano View Post
    Al Williamson on JRJR Devil (problaby the best inker JR had).

lies! janson IS jrjrs inker
    DON'T CLICK
    http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
    I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by NickGuy View Post
    lies! janson IS jrjrs inker
    No, I'm preatty sure in the Ann Nocenti period DD was penciled by JR and inked by Al Williamson...also the Daredevil the Man without Fear arch written by Miller and pencilled by JR was inked by Al

Blog Entries
    No, I'm preatty sure in the Ann Nocenti period DD was penciled by JR and inked by Al Williamson...also the Daredevil the Man without Fear arch written by Miller and pencilled by JR was inked by Al
    i meant the part where you said he was the best inker lol.
    DON'T CLICK
    http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
    I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

AH I got it

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Really like the approach of inker "add his own soul" to the pencil. I see this experiment aligned on what Jason did with Miller (on DD and Batman) and Byrne (on Xman), if you want alo with the Al Williamson on JRJR Devil (problaby the best inker JR had).

Pay attenion to keep the pic "readible" I'm talking about the confusion there is with the Puni gun and the GR body.

Really like the way you "interpretated" the GR skull adding so dark shadow

Thanks for the tips Caimano. I think I will do better next time because I found a good white out you can apply to a brush to break up the blacks abit.

Caimano, you and Paul Smith (aka Smitty) have really inspired me lately to really push forward, and get my inking up to a level where I can push my art further. I see what you guys do,and it helps me alot.
    Last edited by 50%grey; 11-03-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Ugh, I'm not liking this but I finnaly drew something on my lunch break. Figure if I keep posting I will get out of this rut..

“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

I like the Batman, keep it up dude!

I'm with Morg, this is good, the design is killing a mix of batman meets black panter. The red an grey stay very well together.

Also the work done with pencil rendeing is good

Thanks, We had to redesign Batman for our weekly sketch challenge at the sketch forum I belong to.
    Batman is hard to redesign,hehe...cause his suit is so perfect.

I combined Black panthers mask with Batwomans symbol+ Belt and spidermans wings he has under his arms.
    I messed up on the drawing, I flipped it and it seems skewed. Its also kinda flat in places,ugh.
    Rookie mistakes,haha..O well live and learn.

Animation festival coloring book thing i'm participating in.
    Next step is the inks.

Original

Corrected