Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Odiferous Eminations

Blog Entries
    Juan, thanks alot dude! That kinda made my day.

Aztek, I can see the flatness that you're talking about, but when you say add more value... Are you thinking I colour too much to the light side so there's not enough contrast? If so, I agree with you. I've been trying more with each piece to not over highlight. On a lot of monitors it gives my work a really washed out look. And about not getting comments, I'm just frustrated because I'm trying to get some help on my work, which is what these boards are for. Some of the artists that I admire most are right here on PJ and it's just annoying when everyone looks and nobody tells me what I can do better.

Hi Covie.
    I've been quite on the feedback front for a week or two now. Time break my celibacy! I agree with Aztecís comment on the colour values. I'm no expert, but I would suggest you try some colour experimentation. Try colouring an image a few times over but different each time. Maybe one variation in full sunlight another with under lighting and so forth. It might give you the break through to the next level.
    Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
    and here on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Hey Hades, thanks for taking the time to put in your two cents. I might just give that try, as it actually sounds like a interesting way of going about things...

Here's another old sketch with colours... this is a quick get something done practice piece. *shrugs*

Hey, Covie..You need to flick through DC's Guide to coloring. At the moment your colours become muddy because you choose colors on the left side of the palette in PS. What that basically means is that you are using colors with grey in it and it flattens work. I was going to comment on your Thor piece ages ago but my comp was having a hard time.

People sometimes don't realise how much colour theory there is. The more you know about stuff like complimentary colours, the better your approach.

In terms of no comments, I'm kind of waiting to see you do full figures. I enjoyed your drawing of a dog a while back so maybe more sketches of animals. Also if you are struggling to come with ideas there is Manji's sketch group providing the spark for peeps to explore ideas with as little as ten words.

Keep posting, man.

Blog Entries

Sketch dump

Last edited by Mase; 08-30-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I was cleaning out the art folder on my comp and I came across this. Something I started colouring like last year and just never finished as life got all busy on me.

Quote Originally Posted by covie View Post
    This one screams "FINISH ME!!!"

Really nice imaginative stuff you have here. I'd love to see you do something with that dog early on in here...that is awesome!

Can't wait to see more!

Totally agree with Big Dog on that one!
    Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
    and here on Twitter

Blog Entries

5 Minute bits

This is just a bunch of very quick five minute sketches in my little 3x5 pocket sketch book...