Page 3 of 408 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: One a day

06-01-2006

just some concept and costume sketches. late night - tired. I'll try to do better tomorow.

06-02-2006

change of pace... sketches for a scene from a game - I'm going to try to go from the sketch to a finished deally, or at least moreso. Next step: perspective and enlargement.

06-03-2006

very sketchy and light - I'll work more on it later, but I hope it's clear more or less what I'm going for and how close I've gotten.

trying a new thing for perspective - guides. Ok, it's only sort of new. I found, I suspect years ago, a photoshop path that is basically a bunch of lines radiating from a point - perfect for single point perspective, and if I use 2 copies of it it should be great for 2 point perspective. It's helpful, and it doesn't require a new layer for guides.

06-04-2005

More developement of the scene from yesterday. I'll try to clean up the background and such, maybe do a quick paint over the sketch if I get that far.

06-05-2006

I was really unsatisfied with this figure in the previous two sketches - it didn't have the right character or stance. So I did a page of sketches to figure it out. The right arm still needs some work.

I love how you are pushing yourself and trying out new angles etc. Good stuff and I love you dedication.

heh, thanks. I worry sometimes that I don't try enough new stuff. Today was a case in point...

06-06-2006

fixing the monster to have a better, more dynamic pose, to look larger and more imposing, and to work better facing off the other character.

I need to start these earlier... Time to reset the sleep schedule again.

06-07-2006

Late and tired, so: A bunch of simple figures from reference pictures on my hard drive. I continue to need to work on proportion and perspective, among other things.

06-08-2006

More sketchy figures from reference.

06-09-2006

back to the comics... some thumbnails which will very likely be changed a couple of times before I settle on 'em and a really quick character sketch.