Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My website is launched!

Master of Miniaturization Ace Corona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLaw View Post
    If you don't mind the watermarks (or paying to remove them)
    *Edit*
    The link you posted gave my iPad viruses when I clicked on it
    Last edited by Veritas71; 11-10-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: removed possible bad link
    The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    I removed the possibly bad link to protect other would be clickers. I have made a copy of the URL for our records.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Corona View Post
    The link you posted gave my iPad viruses when I clicked on it
    Sorry, my antivirus didn't pick it up.. I have used that before too

Guess I need to make sure my AV is up to date and run a full scan. Sorry again.. was definitely not my intention to spread computer viruses.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Sorry, my antivirus didn't pick it up.. I have used that before too

Guess I need to make sure my AV is up to date and run a full scan. Sorry again.. was definitely not my intention to spread computer viruses.
    Thanks for being understanding about it and not getting upset, I was worried you might think I was flaming you
    The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Thanks for being understanding about it and not getting upset, I was worried you might think I was flaming you
    lol apparently I need to work on my reputation

It was an honest mistake and I was mostly worried people would think I was trying to screw people over. I also wonder about anyone who visited my old personal site that used the software I linked to.. and am second guessing basically any add ons now lol..
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Jackass of All Trades [Moderator] amadarwin's Avatar
    Penciljack National Headquarters Basement
    The design element that is killing my senses is the banner and navigation. My preference is to have the banner above the navigation, and eliminating the dead space between. If that isn't what you're going for, at least kill the dead space separating them for a cleaner, more cohesive design.
    Check out Film Grouch!

Wanna be uncool? Unhip? Unhung? Join the Monkey Revolution!

Amadarwin's unauthorized, unscathing, unfinished biography.

Quote Originally Posted by amadarwin View Post
    The design element that is killing my senses is the banner and navigation. My preference is to have the banner above the navigation, and eliminating the dead space between. If that isn't what you're going for, at least kill the dead space separating them for a cleaner, more cohesive design.
    I appreciate your advice, but I'm just trying to pass this class, I'm not trying to be Rembrandt

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    I appreciate your advice, but I'm just trying to pass this class, I'm not trying to be Rembrandt
    I totally appreciate the fact you need a good grade. No fault towards you. We’re all upset at your teacher for thinking this is a good lesson plan or assignment. Will you ever use this for your personal work again? Would you ever want to read a comic using this navigation? No. Why? Cause it sucks.

When you get done with the class, please let him know how we feel.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    I totally appreciate the fact you need a good grade. No fault towards you. We’re all upset at your teacher for thinking this is a good lesson plan or assignment. Will you ever use this for your personal work again? Would you ever want to read a comic using this navigation? No. Why? Cause it sucks.

When you get done with the class, please let him know how we feel.
    AFTER.. like.. once you already start the next classes and are sure none of them have anything to do with him (or her). I had some teachers that if I had told them this, I guarantee I would have ended up having them for a 302 or something and they would be like "oh.. hey.. remember when.."
    But yeah.. this seems like a really bad/bizarre way to approach this kind of assignment.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

AFTER.. like.. once you already start the next classes and are sure none of them have anything to do with him (or her). I had some teachers that if I had told them this, I guarantee I would have ended up having them for a 302 or something and they would be like "oh.. hey.. remember when.."
    But yeah.. this seems like a really bad/bizarre way to approach this kind of assignment.
    I'm the only one in the class doing comics, I think the WOW slider works good for regular images. I don't think the teacher was expecting to deal with someone who was doing sequential art for this class.

He was totally cool about it, he even let me use class time to make three of the comics that are on the front page, I used Photoshop for the panels and art, and Illustrator for the dialogue and balloons. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg