Thread: Writing Contest #118 - Sequel

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries

Writing Contest #118 - Sequel

Hiya everyone!

And we have a theme for the next writing contest - SEQUEL... (Taking the idea from Zepster's third Finder script - very cool story...)

So here's the brief - write a sequel to one of your existing PencilJack (or other) comic scripts - just include a link to the original one. You don't have to include all the characters from your original story, but story-wise or theme-wise this should be identifiable as a sequel.

And of course a James Cameron-type sequel would be better than a not-as-good-as-the-original sequel!

And as per usual PJ rules apply:

*Nothing sexual in nature (romantic love scene is OK, but nothing graphic)

*Nothing Political (or at least real-world politics)

*1-5 Pages in length

* No published/franchise characters that you haven't created and own the rights to (public domain characters should be OK - just make sure they're in the public domain)

* The winner of this contest gets to choose the topic of the next contest.

DEADLINE: Monday, December 4th, 2017

Great idea! For those that are new to the forum and want to jump in (it could happen, right?!) can they provide a link to a previous story or something?

I'll try to chip in with something. December seems so very far away and gives me so much time... (he says, completely unaware of the mad scramble he'll be in December 3rd).

Blog Entries
    This could be fun

If someone new wants to join in, why don't they make their story a "Part 2", beginning on the cliff hanger from a previous story, the rest of us will have to imagine about.

Could be a fun writing opportunity to see how the imaginary previous instalment is inferred by the events and dialog of the first. How well the audience picks it up and goes with it. Pretend that you're writing an on-going series but still want to make it easy for new readers to jump on board and pick things up.

I'm off to reread some old stories. I have a few I've been hankering to get back to. Looking forward to this, nice call Chris

If someone new wants to join in, why don't they make their story a "Part 2", beginning on the cliff hanger from a previous story, the rest of us will have to imagine about.
    Good idea.

This is a fantastic idea!

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    Yip!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Good idea.
    Really looking forward to what you'all come up with!