Thread: Hyborian Beer commercial

Hyborian Beer commercial

So, crits please. I had a tough time with this one. I wanted to throw in a bunch of Hyborian tavern clutter, but ran out of room, so it ended up looking like an empty warehouse, but I didn't want to jettison the people. There are four characters I hope are recognizable to comic readers. I included a rough ink I did in Procreate, which needs a lot more thought before I take brush to paper. Was going for a "golden age of ink illustration" approach, use lines for tone, which is kinda dumb becuase it's way beyond my abilities, but ...

Is the composition clear? I tried to give a spotlight effect to Red Sonja (not sure where that light is actually coming from though, LOL) but I'm not sure thats clear. My intent is that her form jumps out given the dark tones around her despite the clutter of figures...

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    You have the light source established as pretty much right above Sonya, but no chandelier.

You also might add some turned over tables, smashed chairs and the such in the background and maybe a foreground element. More cups, a puddle of ???, that kind of thing. I recognized red, Conan, And Valiant, but didn't recognize the other one.

Love the concept!
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    You have the light source established as pretty much right above Sonya, but no chandelier.

You also might add some turned over tables, smashed chairs and the such in the background and maybe a foreground element. More cups, a puddle of ???, that kind of thing. I recognized red, Conan, And Valiant, but didn't recognize the other one.

Love the concept!
    Good advice, thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk