Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raphael WIP

Raphael WIP

Something I'm creating in my new Yiynova tablet!

Member [SUPPORTER] Crimson Spider's Avatar
    Oh, cool. I have a Yiynova, too. It's pretty awesome for its price.

Are you on Windows 10? The drivers have not worked properly for me since I upgraded to Windows 10.

If the horizon is in the shot you can't have a 3rd VP. You can have 1,2 or 4 but never 3.

For 3 pt, get the horizon well outside the panel if not off the page altogether.

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    I would also add that we need to see Raph's shadow as well as Shedder's.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    If the horizon is in the shot you can't have a 3rd VP. You can have 1,2 or 4 but never 3.

For 3 pt, get the horizon well outside the panel if not off the page altogether.
    I used sketchup to make my bg. Do you mind being more specific? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    I would also add that we need to see Raph's shadow as well as Shedder's.
    Definitely! I plan to toss that in. Just roughing out the background then ill light everything at once. The shredder shadow isn't even final. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spider View Post
    Oh, cool. I have a Yiynova, too. It's pretty awesome for its price.

Are you on Windows 10? The drivers have not worked properly for me since I upgraded to Windows 10.
    What tablet do you have? I use a mini PC that has W7 installed but I do have w10 on a different had on the same PC and it was pretty much plug and play. Didnt have to use the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRoseReturns View Post
    I used sketchup to make my bg. Do you mind being more specific? Thanks for the help.
    Because the horizon is in the shot, verticals must be geometrically parallel to each other and perpendicular to the horizon.

First rule: Never trust a computer! "Computer" and "correct" are not synonyms. Computers have no interest in right or wrong. If you don't know the rules of perspective and force the computer to follow them, the computers only advantage is the blazing speed with which it will smurf you.

Please forgive me but, the drawing and your question are clear statements that you don't understand perspective, horizons or VPs. Allow me to suggest the world's greatest perspective primer "Perspective Made Easy" by Ernest Norling. Nothing will make or break your career faster than your knowledge of perspective or lack thereof. No book will explain the basics as fast or as well as Norling's.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Because the horizon is in the shot, verticals must be geometrically parallel to each other and perpendicular to the horizon.

First rule: Never trust a computer! "Computer" and "correct" are not synonyms. Computers have no interest in right or wrong. If you don't know the rules of perspective and force the computer to follow them, the computers only advantage is the blazing speed with which it will smurf you.

Please forgive me but, the drawing and your question are clear statements that you don't understand perspective, horizons or VPs. Allow me to suggest the world's greatest perspective primer "Perspective Made Easy" by Ernest Norling. Nothing will make or break your career faster than your knowledge of perspective or lack thereof. No book will explain the basics as fast or as well as Norling's.
    Yup! Perspective is something I struggle with. I have half a dozen books on the subject but they quickly confuse me. I'll try that book. Thanks.

Actually, I think I understand what you meant. The vertical lines look like they converge above the shot, am I right? And that's a no-no? I can fix that. I admit to using sketchup as a sort of shortcut but I still want to understand how to use perspective. I'll try that book you mentioned. If all else fails, ill probably end up taking a class or something.