Thread: Webcomic Pencils: Porcelain And Pink

Webcomic Pencils: Porcelain And Pink

Hi all,
    posting this, first third of a theater play by F. Scott Fitzgerald adapted for comics. The one remaining 'nude' image will be changed still, I want to be able to post this on webtoons maybe. I let go of being able to print this comic, so it isn't based on pages. It's designed for reading on mobile, large font and all.

The idea of using these heads to deliver the story was inspired by the book "The Blue Dragon" by Robert Lepage, Marie Michaud and Fred Jourdain, and I thought it worked, but I'd be curious to know your thoughts!

This is just in the penciling stage, I can still change everything, so please feel free to torch it!

While a phone's screen may have different proportions than a comic book there are still "pages." There is always a limit to what you can see at one time. While what we see is incomplete, I'm getting a strong visual metronome vibe. Tick, tick, tick, tick. Scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll. I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

With only 2 characters and a single setting, "page" layout would go a long way towards creating visual interest. 1 panel, 1 balloon; 1 panel, 1 balloon; 1 panel, 1 balloon... I feel like the ball in a game of ping pong. Try splitting panels into 2-3 horizontals or 3-4 verticals. Try compressing 2-3-4 panels into a single panel.

Smitty, as always, THANK YOU!