Thread: Zenescope Grimm Tales of Terror vol3 10A

I colour stuff

Zenescope Grimm Tales of Terror vol3 10A

pencils and inks by Eric Johnson
    colours by me

available October 2017
    I colour stuff...

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon
    ooooo.Just got your last cover not too long ago...( the Electric Chair )..I'll be looking..Nice Stuff..
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Nice mist.
    It actually looks like mist instead of jumping out at you as a poorly implemented airbrush effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Nice mist.
    It actually looks like mist instead of jumping out at you as a poorly implemented airbrush effect.
    it is funny...Sean is getting Work doing what looks cool or eye catching...We hammered him on his last cover because of the sharpness of the blood...Guess what?...Bought my copy unchanged last month or so...So Dang..It may be the eye of the beholder...or marketing dude
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

I colour stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
    it is funny...Sean is getting Work doing what looks cool or eye catching...We hammered him on his last cover because of the sharpness of the blood...Guess what?...Bought my copy unchanged last month or so...So Dang..It may be the eye of the beholder...or marketing dude
    Zenescope covers are finished 3 months in advance. This one here was coloured in June for July pre-order solicits and won't be on shelves until October.

So, any crits that you make about changes to a Zenescope cover are irrelevant as it's been submitted and more importantly approved, weeks previously to you guys seeing it here.

As for the Snuff film GTOT cover (vol3 5A) there was another reason why it was unchanged. I'd been at it all day and after about 7 straight hours in front of the computer I'd finally finished the thing in time for the submission deadline. As usual I had gotten the lineart at the last minute and had to push the whole thing out in less than 48 hours AND work at the day job as a high school teacher at the same time.

So, it was about midnight on Saturday night, I'd finally finished everything, dead tired, so I flattened the layers, saved as a TIFF file to send off... and then closed the master psd file, saved, with all layers lost.... I couldn't make a change now if I wanted to.

Luckily Dave my editor was a) understanding and b) loved the cover as is, so all was good

cheers
    Sean
    Last edited by SeanE; 08-02-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    I colour stuff...

I'm on a pull list..so I'll be seeing you
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

I colour stuff
    I missed out for July, so there'll be no November cover from me
    I colour stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
    I have this weird hang-up about airbrush, and if my airbrush alarm goes off when I first glance at a piece, I usually dislike whatever it is I'm looking at. Surprisingly it didn't go off.

I colour stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanE View Post
    I missed out for July, so there'll be no November cover from me
    I tell a lie... I got July's cover today! Aliens/Mars Attacks kinda thing...

Better late than never I guess.
    I colour stuff...

Wonderful stuff!