Thread: Netflix - Marvel's The Defenders

Netflix - Marvel's The Defenders

So we smashed through Daredevil, Jess Jones, Cage and Iron Fist which sets up The Defenders.

Hopefully with the short 8 episodes they can tell the story without filler.
    I hate to be that guy but the trailers aren't inspiring me to want to watch it but maybe it is better than what the trailer shows.

Last edited by Veritas71; 07-27-2017 at 10:26 PM.

On a semi related topic I was scoping out the Hot Toys prototype of DD and it looks amazing. Maybe a bit better than the Deadpool 1/6 figure. Edit: DD suit in The Defenders trailer is very sparse.

On another Hot Toys topic it seems they can't move their 1/6 Hulk line and have added war paint and gladiator weapons and armour to market it for the Thor Ragnarok release. Just sculpt a new Hulk Ruffalo head already

Last edited by Dri; 08-03-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dri View Post
    DD suit in The Defenders is no where to be seen.
    I don't get what you mean. He's wearing it in the trailer?

Return If Possible [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I'm with Dri on this one. I closed my eyes through that whole trailer, and didn't see DD's suit anywhere...

I'm pumped for this. Yeah, Iron Fist was all kinds of meh, but I'm confident this will be enjoyable.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Quote Originally Posted by jharker View Post
    I don't get what you mean. He's wearing it in the trailer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Popninja View Post
    I'm with Dri on this one. I closed my eyes through that whole trailer, and didn't see DD's suit anywhere...

I'm pumped for this. Yeah, Iron Fist was all kinds of meh, but I'm confident this will be enjoyable.
    I was being disingenuous for effect. The DD outfit is shown very little. Should of said Iron Fist instead. I'll watch it regardless but the Hand and Elektra get boring.

What was the ending about? I mean the climatic fight (if you can call it that) was even more absurd because they decided to throw in protect ya neck. Had to re watch the last 2 episodes thinking I missed something.

It had a couple of good episodes but ultimately undone by the back story of The Hand. There is nothing they can do about it if they
    SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
    want to have it entwined with K'un Lun.

Sigourney Weaver phoned it in or was miscast imo. On paper having a person who played Ripley seemed like a good idea but that was a lifetime ago. They also wasted Scott Glenn. He was amazing in The Leftovers because he had strong material. The writers utilized Stick poorly.

Perhaps the main characters are best suited their self contained series or their own universe because it's very difficult to merge the four together. A bit surprising since Luke Cage and Jess Jones were already familiar. I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Heroes for Hire.

SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
    I hope they do Daredevil's Born Again the justice it deserves. All the ingredients are there if they can do without the Hand and Elektra/Black Sky.

The Punisher teaser seemed like a throwback to John Wick. Should be mayhem.
    Last edited by Dri; 08-20-2017 at 08:06 PM.

I thought The Defenders was pretty fun. Slow and uninteresting in parts (as opposed to slow and interesting, a la Daredevil). Waaaaaaaaaayyy better than Iron Fist (which I hated so much I wrote an essay about it. That's right. I wrote an essay out of hate).

However, Iron Fist was much better in The Defenders. It was obvious they gave Finn Jones a better chance to prepare for fights, and the choreography didn't look like it was slapped together - which makes sense, because you can't have DD fight really well in his own series and then have him fight like $#!+ in a crossover, so I would assume their attention to fight choreography expanded to all characters. Yeah, he's still the cheesiest character in it, but they did treat him like an immature kid, and it can be argued that's how they're trying to portray him (it just isn't as obvious as it should be).

As far as the writing is concerned, I thought there were glaring holes and illogical connections. That said, the series was fun enough that I actually watched it twice.
    Phillip Ginn

I haven't followed Scott Glenn's career but he's embraced being an elderly bad ass so well. I liked him as Stick and seeing this video I can see how he landed the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dri View Post
    I haven't followed Scott Glenn's career but he's embraced being an elderly bad ass so well. I liked him as Stick and seeing this video I can see how he landed the role.
    I liked him as Stick, too. I thought he captured the essence of Stick really well.

Would've been funny to see him in Stick's hat, though. LOL