Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey

Really happy with how this one turned out

colours

inks

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    I like a little tilt, but she's fixing to slide off the page.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

That's actually helpful to know veritas, I wasn't sure how much to draw it tilted. I've started to use this effect more and more so I will bear that in mind when I use it again.

I really like the tilted angle. It's subtly disorientating and intriguing. For some reason it feels like a pulpy movie poster or novel cover.

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, tilt has it's uses. Definitely helps to give a piece a confusing/disturbing/vertigo feeling. Keeping the viewer off balance. The real question is: how much angle, and which direction, gives it a pleasant compositional feel, and where does the unpleasantness feel start?
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, tilt has it's uses. Definitely helps to give a piece a confusing/disturbing/vertigo feeling. Keeping the viewer off balance. The real question is: how much angle, and which direction, gives it a pleasant compositional feel, and where does the unpleasantness feel start?
    Good point, Chris. Maybe a little goes a long way. I like the concept though!

The tilt is a bit disconcerting, but hey, it frequently worked for the BATMAN TV series! LOL. Pretty nice piece, bedtime.
    Last edited by jeffchris50; 07-18-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchris50 View Post
    The tilt is a bit disconcerting, but hey, it frequently worked for the BATMAN TV series! LOL. Pretty nice piece, Shaun.
    Oh I didn't draw it. I wish I could draw that well . Just popped in and wanted to give bedtime143 some kudos on a cool design.

Thanks Shaun, jeffchris. Shaun you don't want to be able to draw like this, its honestly depressing doing a piece like this then waking up the next day and having to do your piece of shit day job.

Quote Originally Posted by bedtime143 View Post
    Thanks Shaun, jeffchris. Shaun you don't want to be able to draw like this, its honestly depressing doing a piece like this then waking up the next day and having to do your piece of shit day job.
    Stick with it. You got skills. Time and persistence pays off.