Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket solution

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Knight View Post
    Me - You can make a tumblr account. It's free.

Snobby British Guy with a Martini Vodka in Hand - But sir, you are very mistaken, on tumblr you can't link to the thread now can you?

Me - But of course you can!! You post something and then go to where you posted it, right click and "open image in new tab" there you will find the link with what you need (jpg, png etc etc at the end)

Snobby British Guy with a Bottle of Hennessy in Hand - By Jove I think you're right!

Me - Well of course I'm right, I'm awesome

Both Laugh
    Time for brandy!
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon

Photo Bucket....Strong arming..

I Got an E-mail from PB...said..We noticed you are a 3rd party poster ( Some thing like that...) I need to up-grade...Stone walled for a spell...keep getting" pay "to not get commercials..I had to re sign in cause...made me change my password ( witch I did not...) that said if PB turns against me whats the next option?...My computer is a tad old but not obsolete...( Terminator line )
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

If a mod would prefer to merge the threads on the Photobucket issue.

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...ucket-solution

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...-Image-Hosting

Your photolibrary is not compromised and you can still access content and has nothing to do with what computer you have. I would however rearchive the image files elsewhere. It's sad because a lot of the images hosted on PJ over the years were using PB accounts so a lot past threads will be obsolete.

Rehosting takes a lot of time and effort if anyone was bothered.

Master of Miniaturization Ace Corona's Avatar
    Transfer everything to Imgur
    The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My deviantART
    My Ace Corona Port at WDC

Thanks Guys...a computer buddy of mine at work said imgur.com was good and Free...so next time I post I'm signing up there
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Bummer , i just noticed the tips thread is completely wiped because of this.

The good thing is I can right click the img in the thread and it will take me to the original.

I just need to set a day away on a weekend to redo everything on imgur to fix the thread. Wish there was an easier way.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by 50%grey View Post
    Bummer , i just noticed the tips thread is completely wiped because of this.

The good thing is I can right click the img in the thread and it will take me to the original.

I just need to set a day away on a weekend to redo everything on imgur to fix the thread. Wish there was an easier way.
    Just a thought. Can you also zip or rar the whole thing and upload it to mega, mediafire, or whatever? Linking it to the first page of your thread. That way someone has the option of going through the thread and save it as a resource or alternatively download the compressed files and view it with either an image viewer or rename the file extension to either cbr or cbz (depending if it is a zip or rar file) and view it with cdisplay/cbr reader.

I'm gonna hate starting over...but if that's the case...folks will think I've always been great..LOL
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    Yeah, photobucket can suck my left nut.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    Yeah, photobucket can suck my left nut.
    Oh yeah!....the funny weird thing..is like they are feeling spoiled..like they are it...I've stuck with them because no prb...ooh! now we got one..!
    Keep that Pencil Busy!