Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket solution

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dri View Post
    Just a thought. Can you also zip or rar the whole thing and upload it to mega, mediafire, or whatever? Linking it to the first page of your thread. That way someone has the option of going through the thread and save it as a resource or alternatively download the compressed files and view it with either an image viewer or rename the file extension to either cbr or cbz (depending if it is a zip or rar file) and view it with cdisplay/cbr reader.
    That's a good idea Dri, see if I can work on that tomorrow.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Photobucket has been trash for almost 10 years now. Thry stopped being worth anything when thry wouldn't allow you to just view the image without any of those crap surrounding it.

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon
    You Know Johnny...when I was first learning all the cyber stuff...( an I'm still so net retarded )I was also thinking Image-Shack...But My Computer buddy recommended now days imgur.com..yep things are so screwed up...
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Most of all, the power of infinite love! Guru_George's Avatar
    Photobucket had a good run, over 10 years is almost forever on the internet. Imgur has build in social media, image sharing, and threads to comment on photos. Imgur maybe able to profit and stick around a little longer.

I stopped using Photobucket months ago when it made me late for a competition deadline here (either Pummel or EverBrawl, I forget which). It would take forever to upload my image and get a link that I could post in the forum. Now I just use my DeviantArt account.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru_George View Post
    Photobucket had a good run, over 10 years is almost forever on the internet. Imgur has build in social media, image sharing, and threads to comment on photos. Imgur maybe able to profit and stick around a little longer.
    For Sure....you would have thought Photo Bucket would have said something from the get go..( I would have instantly moved on ) but wait 10 yrs...then lower the boom...what the heck..
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Good thing smitty hosts on his own server
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tha Creep View Post
    Amen to that!
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tha Creep View Post
    Web hosting isn't terribly expensive.

If you're serious about getting your art out there it's a small price to pay, and I'm willing to hazard the guess that the EULA's you're signing / clicking through on these free image hosting services aren't in your best interest.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Welp, my 70 page long PJ sketchbook thread that I've been updating from 2008 is dead.
    **** photobucket.

Fallen.

Open for commissions and work....PM me.