Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Inhumans

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]

The Inhumans

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/marvel-inhumans-photo-abc/
    While not a spin-off of Marvel’s Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., both ABC shows share a world with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Things that have happened on S.H.I.E.L.D. will potentially affect our show as well,” Buck says, playing coy on potential crossover possibilities. But Inhumans is intended to stand on its own, trading procedural spy elements for a serialized family drama.

In the comics canon, Black Bolt battles to hold onto his crown while his brother Maximus (played on the show by Game of Thrones baddie Iwan Rheon) has plans to usurp his power. “We were so thrilled to get Iwan,” Buck says. “We didn’t want to create just a simple villain who’s evil for the sake of being evil. Our Maximus is a different, more complicated, more real, and more compelling version.”

The scale of Inhumans is also greater than its predecessor, shot entirely with IMAX digital cameras for a big screen release of its two-episode premiere (Sept. 1) ahead of its debut on ABC this fall. “The first two episodes feel like a movie, because [using IMAX] gave us a lot more freedom and encouraged us to think bigger than we would if it was just a normal network show,” Buck says. It’s safe to say, Inhumans is anything but normal.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

This straight up looks like cosplayers at SDCC or something... and.. I don't mean that in a good way..
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

I wish this still could have been a movie now that the cosmic side of the cinematic universe has found a consistent look and tone that works. This tv version of the Inhumans already looks incongruous with those movies if that promo pic is anything to go by on.

GOTG and Thor have really embraced the "colorful 80s pulp movie" aesthetic on a million dollar budget. This promo shot for Inhumans however makes me think "90s syndicated sc-fi show". Unlike the movies I'm afraid that isn't a deliberate choice.

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    A TV show is a better format for telling a story.

Beats waiting two years to be disappointed by a sequel, or getting a two hour trailer for the next movie.

Where's Lockjaw damn it?!
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

I always wondered what those black things were on that one's hair.

Does not look great unfortunately.had high hopes for something weird and wonderful.The bar for writing and asthetics has been set high by Legion.I believe I've been spoiled by that show and will be measuring everything else against it.
    Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Wait we haven't even seen a trailer yet..haha

Legion was great, but no one thought it was going to be good leading up to the show launching.

I've learned not to under estimate anything coming out today until it's launched.

I wish this still could have been a movie
    Well from what I understand they are doing two theatrical releases just on a smaller budget.

One will come out early as the prequel, and the second one will be the season closer.

Even if the show sucks that's breaking some new ground for TV that is quite interesting. I know that Martin wanted to close out GOT with a movie ,but that never happened.

Also this is interesting that came out yesterday.

“Not necessarily,” Feige told io9. “The future’s a long time. So, the truth is, I don’t really know, but there are a lot of TV shows being made, and hopefully we’ll continue to make a lot of movies. At some point, there’s going to be a crossover. Crossover, repetition, or something.”
    Now technically we already have crossovers in the SHIELD tv show, but it would be interesting to see if they start using some of the Netflix characters as cameos in the movies.
    Last edited by 50%grey; 05-06-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Angry Black Guy [SUPPORTER] dmario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%grey View Post

Legion was great, but no one thought it was going to be good leading up to the show launching.

I've learned not to under estimate anything coming out today until it's launched.
    Legion worked because of the creative team. This is head up by the guy who gave us Iron Fist.
    dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    I haven't watched that series yet, but a lot of the complaints I heard was the actor was terrible and couldn't fight...

Scott Buck is also responsible for Dexter, Rome, Six Feet Under, etc

Lets at least wait for the trailer to come out before we start with the Hate train off of one picture.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by 50%grey View Post

Well from what I understand they are doing two theatrical releases just on a smaller budget.

One will come out early as the prequel, and the second one will be the season closer.

Even if the show sucks that's breaking some new ground for TV that is quite interesting. I know that Martin wanted to close out GOT with a movie ,but that never happened.
    It's an interesting experiment. It'll be interesting to see what they can pull of with that extra funding by IMAX. I'm especially curious if people will be able to justify buying that ticket for a glorified pilot, when they can watch it for free at home. I don't think I'll be able to see it in theatres, though (I haven't heard about a release outside of the US).

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt. But the people behind this thing and this dopey looking picture just don't make it look very promising. The showrunner made the worst Marvel show yet and the director of the pilot happens to be a Dutch director who is known as a hack. Maybe that guy's talents are better suited for tv directing. But for now I'm not putting a lot of confidence in a guy who made a career out of straight to video sequels of b-movies.

So Marvel better have one awesome looking trailer ready.