Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayal's Art, Sketches and Proces

Ayal's Art, Sketches and Proces

First post. Hi everyone!
    I'm new here and I hope I am doing this okay. I thought starting an art blog was a relatively safe thing to do. so first images:

A caricature:

I'm thinking of practicing caricaturing some more, in order to push poses and expressions, to make them more interesting.

And I just finished a short (very short) story, which Idid for practice 16 months ago, and decided to redo this week. The new version is better I think in that there is at least some background, and that the coloring is such that you at least feel that you're at a boxing match. I struggle with good draftsmanship a lot still. I see all these cool Art blogs here where you can really see the artist improving, so I hope that this thread may maybe become mine.

The story, old version and new version below. It is rendered as an animated gif because I am also trying to do responsive design for comics. The animation shows the comics for different browser widths, with configurations for the comics to be drawn 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 columns wide. Not sure if it is useful yet. It does allow rendering on everything from a mobile screen to a big desktop monitor. The comic just fills the space provided. But I find it hard to control pacing, and how the eye is guided from panel to panel.

great job on the george lucas! really nice caricature but the comic animation hurts my head! maybe post the actual pages as well? Nice stuff, looking forward to more!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjedichicken View Post
    great job on the george lucas! really nice caricature but the comic animation hurts my head! maybe post the actual pages as well? Nice stuff, looking forward to more!
    Hi @crazyjedichicken, thank you so much for your feedback! I feel so stupid not having shared the actual story... You can find it below. I'm new to this site, should such a page be shared in the "Sequential Art" sub-forum?

Really nice little story! Here is fine to post your art, either sequential or pinup stuff but if you want feedback on your sequentials specifically you should post it in the "sequential art" forum! As to the story i think panel four could do with making it a little more obvious that he's in pain and about to fall down and panel seven, maybe have to other fighter visible in the background?
    Panel five and six are great! really nice drawing and good storytelling but maybe have the red fighter in the foreground, ready to fight in panel five and falling in panel six. the fall is the only "action" in the story and shouldn't happen off screen! But really nice stuff! welcome to the boards! looking forward to more!

Some more recent art. This is the direction I think I want to take with my finished pieces.

And here's one more:

Some sketching practice I did today.

Inked and colored pop-arty version of it.

Illustrated logline, with permission from the screenwriter, work in progress. First tonal study, flats. I want to color it still.

And a colored version.