Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thing Pummel

Thing Pummel

Got started on my Pummel/Kirby tribute entry. Thought I'd show progress here.

Composition I have in mind is something like this:

Modeling the face:

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the second one with the fist. When it's Clobbering Time, the Thing waits for no one to come to him.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

I like the second one. Something about the pose looks dynamic.

Thing on the left look proportionally much better, but the right thing is a bit more interesting. Both look quite safe for someone of your skills though.

I think you should take some risks with the perspective. Place the camera below looking up, or above looking down.
    Disneyfied T&A
    My deviantart

The camera angle is moot. I'm doing the figure in 3d so I can look at it from any angle. The thumbs are a rough idea of what he's doing, but I'm sure I'll come up with something a lot more interesting when the pieces are in place.

I like both, the first cause hes looking right at us and the right because the pose looks more "ready to go" looking forward to the final piece
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Monkey with Crayons [Moderator] Veritas71's Avatar
    Loston has a thread about drawing ol Ben in his section. The main 'thing' I noticed (sorry, couldn't resist) is his nose. It is usually higher, like right between his eyes.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Yeah Loston is one of the people I'm looking at for ref. I think when I get the brow scrunched down in place it will be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas71 View Post
    Loston has a thread about drawing ol Ben in his section. The main 'thing' I noticed (sorry, couldn't resist) is his nose. It is usually higher, like right between his eyes.
    I agree. It's hard to tell without the brow but if the nose gets too low The Thing can come off looking quite Simian.