View Poll Results: Choose your favorite entry!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zepster - The Mayflower

2 33.33%
  • MisterPants - Y/Plato's Wanderers

1 16.67%
  • Jaycy - The Sword

0 0%
  • jamesdcreviston - MARSHAL LAW

0 0%
  • FreshNightmare - "Animals"

0 0%
  • Shaun - Life Events

3 50.00%
  • Chris2.0 - Utopia/Dystopia

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writing Contest #112 - Dystopia voting thread

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPants View Post
    Like a logline? Or maybe a little extra?
    Yeah, longline length but give writers the flexibility to go a bit longer if the story is a part of a larger world. My other fear is a page long synopsis is a lot of extra work and might scare away writers in a time we're trying to build our contributors. IDK, what do you think?

Neophyte
    That's a good idea and would probably be very helpful to artists. Nothing too long because the stories themselves aren't that long to begin with. Plus it would help a scatterbrain like me focus in on one theme.

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, sorry - a log line would be best...

I should've explained better - the 1-page synopsis should be similar to a pitch document one would send to Image/other indie publishers about your comic. And this should contain the log line, story synopsis, as well as info on writer/creative team.

But for now a story sentence/log line would work!

And just actually saw something by Jim Zub on Twitter that echoes what @MisterPants was saying - https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/852605437916663808

If I'm losing focus during a project I head back to my pitch/outline and make sure I'm delivering on the core concept I liked at the start.

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    And congrats to Shaun with his script "Life Events" - a really good script all around - adhered to the theme, great dialogue and a cool ending in context of the Dystopia theme. And wasn't a dream or hallucination as in the movie "Brazil"!

Shaun, please select a theme for the next one, then I'll post the new writing contest ASAP... And this time we're trying a 3-week one, so get all your entries in within 21 days... (Or if you want to do the honours and post the new thread as well, you can go ahead...)

As I'm just moving house tomorrow, so might only be up in a day or two, but feel free to start as soon as you see the theme and/or thread posted by Shaun.
    Last edited by Chris2.0; 04-17-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Neophyte
    Holy crap, I got a vote! Ok, act like I been here before.

Anyway, congratulations Shaun and really everyone because this was an incredible collection of stories.

Congrats Shaun! I'll be around here guys, can't wait to know the new theme and read new stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2.0 View Post
    And congrats to Shaun with his script "Life Events" - a really good script all around - adhered to the theme, great dialogue and a cool ending in context of the Dystopia theme. And wasn't a dream or hallucination as in the movie "Brazil"!

Shaun, please select a theme for the next one, then I'll post the new writing contest ASAP... And this time we're trying a 3-week one, so get all your entries in within 21 days... (Or if you want to do the honours and post the new thread as well, you can go ahead...)

As I'm just moving house tomorrow, so might only be up in a day or two, but feel free to start as soon as you see the theme and/or thread posted by Shaun.
    Thanks, Chris! Great entries this month. I posted the new Writing Contest thread. I hope this theme gets some creative juices flowing for everyone!

Hmm. Excellent entries, all of them!