Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Medusa sketches

Medusa sketches

Not really happy with any of these, i might try a B/W one...

Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Blog Entries
    Personally, I rather enjoy the first piece.

In both her body is very expressive, but her face isn't. In the first, give her fierce look and it's great. In the second, have her looking down in a regal way and it's great. Imo.

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the first one. The white gaps look awkward. Her hair should fill the page. That may help you to make it flow from her head better.

The last one isn't Medusa ;-) But not quite the Octopus. He's only the Octopus in name, not a mutant or anything.
    A nice piece though. Very strong and primal.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

The first piece is well-done, and you can pretty much cut her out and place her on whatever background you need or want. You could fill some gaps with more hair, but I think filling the whole background with her hair would be too much hair.

The second piece desperately needs a proper background. Medusa herself is well-done.

The third piece is just wonderful. I don't know the character, but your piece teases him well and makes me wonder who this guy is.

I agree with Symson, I feel if you get that close to Medusa, the entire background would be hair. Its the star of the show

Loving the hands on the first one!

Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    I like the first one. The white gaps look awkward. Her hair should fill the page. That may help you to make it flow from her head better.

The last one isn't Medusa ;-) But not quite the Octopus. He's only the Octopus in name, not a mutant or anything.
    A nice piece though. Very strong and primal.
    Thanks Symson, i keep seeing buffalos and mamutes on that hair i drew. I knew that about the octopus, just having fun creating a version with tentacles.
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rest In Peace Brokenhill [Moderator] fatmancomics's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like them both but agree she needs netter facial expressions. It's her husband that's the stoic one, not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwolfe View Post
    The first piece is well-done, and you can pretty much cut her out and place her on whatever background you need or want. You could fill some gaps with more hair, but I think filling the whole background with her hair would be too much hair.
    I agree, first one is best for me and won't fill all the gaps, just one or two. I'll put more hair tufts floating in the foreground even if they cover her a bit more. And what Joseph Dredd points about the face is right, a more expressive face will work better.