Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bald Chick (NSFW)

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    There's some solid advice here. But it really is up to you to take it.

I've seen ya post on this forum for years, and I'm all for "leanring in your own way", but at a certain point, ppl might give up on giving ya any feedback.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by Always Drawing View Post
    …Unless you are drawing someone who has been flayed.
    I've forgotten how to make a custom "motto" under my avatar (I might not have enough posts racked-up yet).

But, I wanted it to say: "The Flayed Man: Banner of the Boltons"……(and i was hoping everybody would get the joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    …You continue to obsess over line only. Line is worthless, get over it. Line is not the goal, it's a tool we use to achieve: form, mass, volume, weight, construction, anatomy, perspective...
    Please just clarify (and I will add "dense" to my catalog of faults, if that's what it is), but I'm not quite sure what you mean by my use of line. Are you referring to the shading?

I mean you're addicted to line. Quantity and quality are two different things. Cramming millions of lines into a grotesque form just gives a grotesque form crammed with millions of lines. Nail the form and you can lose 99.9% of the line work.

I think what everyone is trying to point out here is that it seems you work each part of your drawing independent from one another. They don't seem to come together as one at all, the lines that you are laying down do not support the perspective that your figures are trying to convey. The lines you lay down actually work against the figure and not with it

Quote Originally Posted by MetaAbe View Post
    I think what everyone is trying to point out here is that it seems you work each part of your drawing independent from one another.
    Exactly!

He's lost the forest for the trees. Worse, He's lost the forest for the hairs on the legs of aphids riding the backs of ants underneath the leaves on the forest floor when the forest floor can't be seen because it's underneath the canopy.

Pull back. See the big picture. Use the force, Luke!