Thread: Sketch Card Uses

Sketch Card Uses

So, I want to try selling sketch cards at a show that is not comic book related. It is a artisans fair type show. So I will have my pop culture type sketch cards there, but also some scenic/nature type cards.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to display sketch cards or a use for them? In the con world, people buy them because they want original art. I'm not sure that will be a big draw for this crowd unless they can display them. Bringing up to my question, why would someone by a sketch card of a nature scene, animal, etc.? Or would they. Maybe it's not a good fit. I just want to try something different. Thoughts? http://fitzufilms.deviantart.com/

I may have stumbled across my own answer. Sketch cards are the same size as baseball trading cards. And there are tons of frames and display options for trading cards. So, in addition to single picture sketch card frames there are 2's and 3's as well. This gives more options to those buying sketch cards as far as display goes.

i was gonna suggest that exact thing Fitz but my ride showed up mid typing xD

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzufilms View Post
    I may have stumbled across my own answer. Sketch cards are the same size as baseball trading cards. And there are tons of frames and display options for trading cards. So, in addition to single picture sketch card frames there are 2's and 3's as well. This gives more options to those buying sketch cards as far as display goes.
    I've used the binder / baseball card sheet at shows. Tends to work well.

You can buy a few small inexpensive frames to display some of your finer pieces.

Remember, when you table, you want some verticality to catch the eye of the passers by. Grab the eye instead of making it easy to walk by.

Good luck.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Thanks, it's the thought that counts.

Thanks Penilero, that is a good idea.