Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thrucomic.com

Registered User [SUPPORTER]
    Here's a page that I don't seem to have shared with you guys. The hero of the Thru story has falling dreams in the first arc. In this page, he has been pulled from the previously mentioned cliff...to fall into a quarantine room bunk. Remember this is in 1938. He wakes and the doctor tells him he is waking from a days long fever. The usual doctor speak before they burn your blood before it turns people into a hideous creature or whatever

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon
    I was just heading to bed...Remember out there where no one can hear you scream...there will be a hint of a star or planet...I do still like your bringing back the day's of zip-a-tone But!....start using your..talent ( meaning if you want a convincing bg.) it should come natural...remember just growing up an the folks and situations...Don't clutter..just give a hint of paintings...photos...plaques..Not to mention ..Cracks..flaws in the stuff Make your world lived in In a nut shell..add but keep it simple Rule 1...
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
    I was just heading to bed...Remember out there where no one can hear you scream...there will be a hint of a star or planet...I do still like your bringing back the day's of zip-a-tone But!....start using your..talent ( meaning if you want a convincing bg.) it should come natural...remember just growing up an the folks and situations...Don't clutter..just give a hint of paintings...photos...plaques..Not to mention ..Cracks..flaws in the stuff Make your world lived in In a nut shell..add but keep it simple Rule 1...
    Thanks for that! Inking with damned pen has really made me aware of simplicity!

In the case of the dream sequence I admit to some cheating. I wanted to create depth and use 80's colors. There are some limits to NOT using 4 color separation tho. So the zip there is going for the surreal. The panel where he wakes its transition. Everywhere else... it is as you guessed, complete laziness.

In other pages there are examination room cabinets that I found in a medical museum. In the hero's house we get to see something I previously overlooked.. texture. That young family didn't buy new. In the depression era there would be loads of water pitchers used for various things!

impressed with your insight. You landed on something I dragged on for months!

If I haven't already I need to wrap up a page of inks for tomorrow.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll put down the zip for a while and use more of my favorite thing: noir blacks!

'You've inspired me to write in a food line for issue 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
    Remember the 4 Rules...1-Keep it simple...2-Keep it interesting...3-Don't get too artsy we fall out of the story...4-Make us want to turn the page.....right now what jumps at me is your not using your line weight...your backgrounds are...um you don't have...Most of the work looks like ( and please no offense..I'm just an old artist with just an opinion )..almost clip art out of the 70's...( i've work in the printing industry over 37 yrs ) These are just things that jumped out at me from the gate,, Glad Your on Board here...Well Come to PencilJack Lonnie Your gonna grow even more if you stick around
    somehow I never replied! I'm probably an older human but I've been a mostly casual artist.. semi retirement gives the chance to get away from the muck computer science has become and return to the profitless endeavor of comics. I drew one off sheets in the eighties and tossed designs around but didn't turn any coin before I was enslaved by The Man.

no offense taken if my stuff looks like clip art. It is actually hand drawn and as we've discussed , you're way right on everything.

Keep moving Forward
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Gwen selects a planet to visit. First panel has a lightning effect that I have to add in the color layer arcing between the arials the page concludes with a confrontation

Gwen radios herself over to the alternate Earth. Now with more backgrounds!

Liking your BG's gives everything character..Watch your hands...last panel gal waving...
    Keep that Pencil Busy!