Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rakshasa *jazz hands*

Rakshasa *jazz hands*

Sketch while im deciding exactly what i want to do with this guy, as a Rakshasa, Hotis has backwards facing hands so i am aware the hand there is the "wrong hand"

Any feedback before i try to dig in on the clean up is definately appreciated.

I'm reading woman... maybe lower the waist line...
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you! yeah i was reading woman too but i couldnt quite figure out what xD ill try that

Took some fun with it, hope you dont mind, see if it helps somehow.

holy shit Josem ive been pouring over old threads and parsing out some information for me to look back upon and ive been seeing youndo this. but the speed in which you do is just incredible. thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lol, thanks. Thats what i feel when i see the pros doing it. I guess the more you do it the faster you became.

Yah speed is something i need to work on, and something i see iterated alot here, thats prolly way so much of my final stuff comes out so stiff, im so over hyper focused on it. Working on it, started this one out that way but the folds and bunches of cloth really were taxing me and i think i tightened up abit while i fought with it.

I lowered that belt line and i think it DID help with the "reading female" problem, but it made for an awkward cropjob so i had to raise the figure, which made for alot of issues with those dangly cloth bits i didnt have to consider before :P (probably for the best xD)

Edit: Also: Holy crap is drawing backwards hands so freakin hard, my brain just breaks everytime i try to do it. "NO WRONG!" "Shuddup you i know what im doing"

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Thank you! yeah i was reading woman too but i couldnt quite figure out what xD ill try that
    Boobies will do that. Although what appeared to be a brassiere at top turns out to be an amulet in the revised version... either way watch your silhouettes.

Watch your shapes. The amulet may be convex in front but it won't be concave in the back, it will be flat.

Watch your spine. I went through this myself with the Tellos crowd. Fitting fox, tiger and bear heads on human bodies can be tricky in that humans hold their heads more perpendicular to the spine while foxes, tigers and bears hold their heads more parallel to the spine.

If the body is in the shot, get rid of the hunchback. The spine will curve IN from the shoulders to the skull NOT outward and back like a snake. If we honor your neck, the body falls outside the drawing.

Oooo my very first Smitty critique!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Boobies will do that.
    LMAO. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Watch your spine. I went through this myself with the Tellos crowd. Fitting fox, tiger and bear heads on human bodies can be tricky in that humans hold their heads more perpendicular to the spine while foxes, tigers and bears hold their heads more parallel to the spine.

If the body is in the shot, get rid of the hunchback. The spine will curve IN from the shoulders to the skull NOT outward and back like a snake. If we honor your neck, the body falls outside the drawing.
    xD Thanks, man! Yah the attaching the tiger head was giving me wonky impressions of the spine, you hit the nail right on the head and your drawover looks way better! Will be updating that and the amulet in the next rendition.

Update!

So i have some updates based on Smitty's crits. I have two versions here:

With the second one, it became apparent after i packed up my tablet and everything that i still need to futz round with the hood apex above his brow there, so i'll do that in the next round of improvements! further comments and crits are lovely