Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Iron Fist

I enjoyed it enough to finish it and didnt hate my life, but i can agree with alot of the problems people have noted in this thread. It, both in characters and story, was very inconsistent.

My biggest pet peeve was for the "Living Weapon" dude was really not that good at martial arts, unless hes dealing with like creme de le creme of The Hand, he should not need to hit people more than once or twice before putting them down, I think Colleen had more single blow takedowns than Danny did (flying knees into that guard at the docks anyone ) and it was so inconsistent, half the time hes kicking ass and half the time he seems to have completely forgotten what martial arts is.

I loved Colleen, and Claire's cameo's were great. I hope Finn does some more training/work before defenders.

I enjoyed it enough to watch it but it wouldnt rank anywhere near the other Netflix Marvel Shows.

Ouch, that was hard work. Only finished as I'm curious about how this will slot into the rest of the TV shows.

But some of the writing/character logic/holes were shocking for a show of this size/budget, etc.

I can somewhat overlook the poor fighting scenes in terms of execution (limited time/little rehearsal, etc)...but some of the things they did in the fight scenes was so odd.

Spolier:

For instance...mo idea what Danny was doing in his final showdown with Harold. At one point he knocks Harold to the ground, who is then flat on his stomach, out of action as he is so stunned. Does Danny jump on him? Kick him? Stamp on him? Grapple him? Knock him out? No....he runs away. And hides. Allowing Harold to slowly get back up and recover.

Just lazy and bizarre directing. Thousands of ways that fight could have worked to give Danny a reason to run (he fell over in the attack and Harold swings the gun around at him instantlY, but they didn't seem to want to bother. Very odd.

Not quitting his day job yet... [SUPPORTER]
    I'm only 4 episodes in and truly shocked at how terrible the show is. Incredibly bad writing and actors that aren't talented enough to entertain even with a bad script.

I'm probably going to give up after this one and just read the synopsis for the rest of the season.

As a big Marvel Studios fan I'm very, very disappointed.
    My Site!!
    My DeviantART Profile!!
    Pummel: Middleweight
    Stats: Wins: 15 | Losses: 16 | KOs: 9

Diesel don't just give up if you can help it.. skip to like ep 8 or 9.. that's when most of the other ridiculously drawn out stuff is pretty well out of the scene and it is more on the actual story.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

I've watched the first two episodes two weeks ago, and I don't feel the urge to continue. I'll probably watch the whole thing at some point, but man, it's pretty bad so far.

At the beginning of the second episode when they send him to the nuthouse, I thought; "This isn't going to be a filler episode where he's stuck in here for the whole episode, is it?"

It was.

It was the second episode! It even felt like they were padding the episode by repeating the flashback to the planecrash. They don't have the excuse that they need to reiterate certain storybeats in case people missed the first episode.
    How thin is the story for this show if they're stalling at episode two? There was maybe 40 minutes worth of story in the two episodes that I've watched, and they have barely even gotten into the actual plot.

Quote Originally Posted by jharker View Post
    I've watched the first two episodes two weeks ago, and I don't feel the urge to continue. I'll probably watch the whole thing at some point, but man, it's pretty bad so far.

At the beginning of the second episode when they send him to the nuthouse, I thought; "This isn't going to be a filler episode where he's stuck in here for the whole episode, is it?"

It was.

It was the second episode! It even felt like they were padding the episode by repeating the flashback to the planecrash. They don't have the excuse that they need to reiterate certain storybeats in case people missed the first episode.
    How thin is the story for this show if they're stalling at episode two? There was maybe 40 minutes worth of story in the two episodes that I've watched, and they have barely even gotten into the actual plot.
    See my above advice.. The first episodes they tried to be really clever and do things kinda like Batman Begins (I guess).. but they really couldn't stay in that lane.
    The whole show dragged but I promise if you pick it up at about ep 7 or 8, it's a lot better.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I thought it was watchable, but like everyone else, was frustrated by inconsistencies. Into The Badlands had more familiar Kung Fu cinema styles that I'd prefer (wire work, and over the top impacts). Danny just seemed like some yellow belt.

My favorite part - Colleeen Wing.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Yeah, the fighting was weak.. and he just didn't feel like a hero.. at all.. during the whole thing.. The only Netflix show I can say that about so far.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Testing... for Science. [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I'm five in so far and... yeah. I'm gonna keep on, but I can't say I'm loving it. I think someone was aiming for Danny to be charmingly innocent, but instead he comes off as annoyingly clueless. He's incredibly thoughtless for someone who's constantly spouting off cookie wisdom, and he gets his ass kicked a lot for someone who's supposed to be an ultimate kung-fu bad-ass.

My wife points out that if he spent the last fifteen years speaking Chinese exclusively, it ought to have messed with his English syntax at least a little bit.

I'm not deeply familiar with the character, but it seemed like he was kind of a wisecracking, fun foil for the more sombre and dramatic Luke Cage. That's their odd-couple thing. But right now he's not that guy, and I don't see this guy matching up nearly as well.
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."

Quote Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    I thought it was watchable, but like everyone else, was frustrated by inconsistencies. Into The Badlands had more familiar Kung Fu cinema styles that I'd prefer (wire work, and over the top impacts). Danny just seemed like some yellow belt.

My favorite part - Colleeen Wing.
    Yup, Wing was one of the few positives.