Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Iron Fist

Netflix Iron Fist

I'm few episodes in and it's not as intense as Daredevil or Luke Cage. It's still a fun ride. Hate the cgi intro though.

I was hoping the Hand wouldn't be a part of the series but interested to see how Danny is the force able to defeat them.

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    I havent seen this yet, but It is getting some awful reviews.

Hope this doesn't effect any of the other shows. Just get me through Punisher please, that has got to happen.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    How's the fight choreography and stunt work?

You can't sell me a martial arts powered character with lame ass fights.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Neophyte
    I am enjoying it. Not as slow as the first season of Daredevil but not as intense as Luke Cage or the second season of Daredevil. I am 5 episodes in and liking it.

UPDATE: WTF was that ending? As of now this only ranks slightly above Jessica Jones but only because i do not enjoy that character.
    Last edited by jamesdcreviston; 04-06-2017 at 12:12 AM.

The fight choreography and stunt work are not realistic but it's to be expected with kung fu centric moves for the iron fist and a small female fighter who can defeat two men double her size in caged combat. It is what is. I was hoping some of the Daredevil fight choreography (close quarters such as hallway and stairwells) could be incorporated into it but so far nothing so far up to episode 5.

For a warrior training his whole life Danny expends to much energy to best people in combat.

I always enjoy Rosario Dawson making an appearance. So contrived that she's everywhere in the Netflix universe.

Edit:-

Finally finished it and it suffers from being 3 episodes too long just like Jess Jones, DD and Luke Cage.

I'm just over The Hand as a concept. It's Netflix' equivalent of Hydra and getting to be lame.

Also they need to reassess why they are choosing the leads that they use. Not interesting or layered enough to keep the attention.

It's unfortunate but it can only be compared to Daredevil, which is a bit unfair because Daredevil has a wealth of stories to take from.

I'd rate it at the bottom of Netflix' offerings and only because the other shows offered more and were more mature.
    Last edited by Dri; 03-18-2017 at 08:22 AM.

The first few episodes are draaaaaaaaaaaaaagging on. It's like a long episode of Law and Order with some Shutter Island thrown in..
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

100% fun guaranteed! [SUPPORTER] sirandal's Avatar
    Wow...if it's worse than Jessica Jones it must really be terrible.
    Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
    deviant art
    tumblr
    PJ blog

Return If Possible [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Iron Fist was good. But it was just good.

I felt the lead was miscast. Too tall, too lanky. How hard would it have been to have him do some weight training and beef up even a little? And yeah, he starts off with these amazing martial arts skills that are unorthodox, yet very effective. Yet, by the middle of the season, and in the finale, he's getting beat up by people he should not be getting beat up by. This happens in all of their Netflix shows, and was very annoying during Jessica Jones.

As a series, it's really not bad. It held my interest all the way through. I watched it over the course of three days and I never once was so annoyed by it that I wanted to stop watching it. Like I said, it's good. What was weird was that, even though I love Rosario Dawson, Claire seemed really out of place, imo. And having her fight side by side with Danny and Colleen, and saying "Sweet Christmas" just didn't make any sense to me. I thought it was enough to have Jeri Hogarth there to link the shows.

I would recommend it as required viewing if you're enjoying the Netflix Marvel universe for the obvious reasons. I don't think it was a misstep, but there were things they could have done to make it much better.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

It reminds me of that one friend who takes sooooo long to tell stories and always adds a bunch of extra stuff that is like "okay.. just get to the point"... I'm only able to do 2-3 episodes per sitting because of the slow pace.. Out of 13-14 episodes or whatever, I'm finally on episode 8. It's gotten more interesting finally but like Popninja says.. the fights are like "wtf???". At this point I feel like Daredevil or Elektra could easily kick his ass.. and that's just not cool.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by sirandal View Post
    Wow...if it's worse than Jessica Jones it must really be terrible.
    For me, the thing about Jessica Jones is that there was at least some intrigue, humor, and enjoyable actors. I am finding myself unable to care about almost any aspects of Danny's life. The Hand's operations are the only thing I've been able to find some interesting..

Semi-Spoilers but I will stay very vague..

There's a scene where his mentor/sifu/sensei/whatever is in his head. It's in a couple of scenes but only in 1 or 2 episodes. There's the flashbacks from the plane crash early on in the show and that weird static thing.
    That one guy is a pill-popper.. but.. only in like 1 or 2 episodes..
    Danny can't drive, then suddenly he can.
    I'm not even done with the show yet but there are already so many hooks... I really wish they had set him up faster and established his strength earlier. That way when something happens and he's helpless.. he's not just some bum that is trying to b&e his way into Annie.. or Count of Monte Cristo as it would now seem..

my deviantart
    my sketchbook