Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video editing to promote my comic

Video editing to promote my comic

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but it is a tech question.

I'm looking to create videos to promote my comic on YouTube. Using music and still images (primarily).

I'm a PC owner. Need decent software for it. I am prepared to pay something for it, but not 100s.

All the free stuff has watermarks/malware, bad quality/crappy fonts, limited options. Is Adobe After Affects the way to go? Heard good stuff?

So hard to research as so much paid for reviews/dodgy adverts out there. Etc....

Any help much appreciated.

Member [SUPPORTER] Crimson Spider's Avatar
    Windows Movie Maker is perfect for what you need.

Are you familiar with and own Photoshop? You can edit your own movies there adding titles, music and stills. It's how I edit my self-made drawing videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spider View Post
    Windows Movie Maker is perfect for what you need.
    Thanks, sadly I don't have it and can't get it:

"As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download."

The free alternative Windows now directs me to is shocking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rene A. View Post
    Are you familiar with and own Photoshop? You can edit your own movies there adding titles, music and stills. It's how I edit my self-made drawing videos.
    Thanks, I only have Photoshop from about eight years ago (and the computer that is on is dying!!).

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Adobe Premiere is the way to go. After Effects is for after you've made a movie and doing compositing and effects.

You can get the subscription for a month and you're done.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Managed to find something called VideoPad...fingers crossed...seems ok.

Made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsueEJ_GSdo

About all I need to do for now. Thanks for the tips, guys. Appreciated. And if anyone wants to subscribe, it would be a huge help. Need 30 to verify the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    Adobe Premiere is the way to go. After Effects is for after you've made a movie and doing compositing and effects.

You can get the subscription for a month and you're done.
    Thanks for that. May try the month thing for something a bit more complicated further down the line. Cheers.

Hey man, sorry to say, but a still shouldn't last 15 to 20 seconds. If you shrink this vid down to 1 minute, with pages shown for about 3 seconds or so, you can say its a promo vid for your images. Right now it is a music piece thats accompanied by a few stills.
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Tha Creep View Post
    Hey man, sorry to say, but a still shouldn't last 15 to 20 seconds. If you shrink this vid down to 1 minute, with pages shown for about 3 seconds or so, you can say its a promo vid for your images. Right now it is a music piece thats accompanied by a few stills.
    Sorry, I explained thread badly. This first video is meant to be music, with a few images to give context that it's from a comic soundtrack. But primarily was testing out the software (checking res, checking it didn't sneak watermarks on the video (as some free software does, etc).

Now I know the software works, later videos will vary in length, some with have video footage, others short, snappy stills as you suggest. Thanks, though, for feedback.

Thanks for feedback though.