Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAR PAINT sequential sample

I suggest you read the guidelines for posting in this section. http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...ing-Guidelines
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by MLaw View Post
    I suggest you read the guidelines for posting in this section. http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...ing-Guidelines
    I suggest you apply the perspective that the weight of one's critique is established by the quality of his/her work. If you can't show me what I can do better, you're basically just trolling me with hollow comments. I've been critiqued by Humberto Ramos, Paolo Pantalena, Howard Porter, Brett Booth, and Sean Murphy. I can take critiques, brother -- not everyone's opinion is as valuable as they think.

If the moderators have an issue with our discussion, they're free to close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan E.Warner View Post
    This is Digital?...
    Nope, this is all done traditionally with a few photoshop highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Antai Hirow View Post
    I suggest you apply the perspective that the weight of one's critique is established by the quality of his/her work. If you can't show me what I can do better, you're basically just trolling me with hollow comments. I've been critiqued by Humberto Ramos, Paolo Pantalena, Howard Porter, Brett Booth, and Sean Murphy. I can take critiques, brother -- not everyone's opinion is as valuable as they think.

If the moderators have an issue with our discussion, they're free to close this thread.

This is a terrible attitude to have toward crits. I've gotten a lot of helpful criticism from people who can't draw as well as me. Not being able to do it themselves doesn't mean they can't see where there are anatomy and perspective mistakes (or just bad drawing).

And MLaw is absolutely correct that this forum is for those looking for crits. If you're not able to handle that, you shouldn't be posting here.

As far as crits go... I'd like to see the pencils before saying anything about your inking.
    Last edited by RonB; 01-18-2017 at 10:12 AM.

It's been awhile since one of these threads popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Antai Hirow View Post

Am I good enough to critique you?

http://deviancyarts.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also what did you mean when you said this:

With that said, I have a thick skin, and would appreciate some feedback.

Straight Outta a Comic Book [SUPPORTER] Symson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You came to this forum asking for feedback. Yet, you diss the person giving you the first feedback. This does not encourage anyone to give any other feedback.

My Mom was my best critic growing up and she knew nothing about art, yet she hekped me grow as an artist.

It seems your definition of a thick skin is very different from most people. Right now it seems very thin.

The only thing we can offer a critique on here is the inking, since that is what you did. It's customary to provide a side by side view with the pencils to see how well the inks interpreted the pencils.
    Inviting 100 artists to celebrate Kirby and Eisner Centennial Tribute Books

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

He took me as combative right off the bat, so guess I got the same impression of him in return. Aside from saying the font was hard to read, the other comments didn't seem very constructive to me at all, so I took it as him being condescending -- and when it comes to that, I enjoy a snarky exchange as much as the next guy. Perhaps, I should have observed for a little while before participating.

I swear some people come here just to fight.

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by RonJoseph View Post
    I swear some people come here just to fight.
    Tis a Good Thing That Penciljack is about respect...an straight up on Critiques..When I first became a member here at PJ...there was a unwanted conflict going on here an there....but Penciljack rose above that....and became the best school for us want to bees...And also get top knowledge from seasoned Comic Book Folk...
    We all know our art is personal....and emotions are involved. Lets get back to the art..an move forward..( I sound like an old fart..lol ) oh yeah I am..
    Keep that Pencil Busy!