Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman!

Batman!

I realized I've never drawn the classic Batman pinup pose, crouched on a gargoyle. So here it is!

I also made a process GIF if anyone's into that sort of thing. I didn't visualize the background until late in the game, I think the composition shows.

C&C welcome!

Rest In Peace Brokenhill [Moderator] fatmancomics's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only thing that bothers me is the roundness of his chin and that line from his lips line to the edge of his chin. It makes his face look fat. Yhe rest is amazing.

Nice one.. my only crit would be his legs are very confusing to read..

Thanks for the feedback! Here's a revised version. I changed the shadow on the wall so his arm doesn't get lost, darkened his far leg to push it further back, and brightened part of his near leg. Also reworked the chin so he doesn't look like he's got the mumps anymore. Thoughts?

Another good piece. Maybe angle his cheek a little for a more distinct profile.. though it might end up looking weird. Other than that.. I dunno I would consider round scallops but that's a personal preference thing.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

A little more angle on that cheek. I think it sure helps his silhouette, but I'm glad I don't have to draw this head from different angles. :-D

Man, I'm all about the zigzag cape scallops! We'll have to agreee to disagree on that.

That makes you my second favorite angled scallop Batman artist after Tim Sale :P

That did help the profile! On having to draw it at different angles.. that's what model sheets are for
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Great chin, awesome pose.

Wow, it's my first time to see the picture.