Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Testing... for Science. [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]

Spider-Man: Homecoming

First new trailer

Interesting! It seems like they changed almost every superficial detail of his life but retained a core of what makes Peter Parker work. I am intrigued.

I'm a little bit bothered by how much Tony Stark is in here, but at the same time I get that this properly bridges the new MCU Spidey in with the rest of the universe. I just hope we don't undercut Parker and Spider-Man with the presence of Stark and Iron Man.
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."

[Moderator]
    And an International Trailer, which is way heavier on the action over the high school stuff.

Haha, Michael Keaton is bird man.
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

Member [SUPPORTER] Crimson Spider's Avatar
    Even though it had much less content, I thought the international trailer was better cut.

Either way, Vulture looks good, and I love Holland's Peter. I disagree about Stark's presence, their interaction in CW was some of the best stuff in that movie, so I look forward to more of it.

So it's Liz, not MJ. Makes sense. They've already done three movies with MJ, and two movies with Gwen.

Oh my. I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be.
    So good to see Michael Keaton acting more. So glad it isn't a more "traditional" Spidey villain... but is still in the classic villain wheelhouse. Beyond excited that we don't have to sit through another Spider-Man origin movie. I think Stark is there to establish that sense of doubt to help build up Peter's struggle. Probably a setup for future stuff too.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

The Vulture should have skills from 89. I'm totally pumped for this.

Holland is the younger Parker fans wanted. I may seem ageist but Tobey at 27 and Garfield at 29 just didn't seem the right fit for High School Spidey.

[Moderator]
    So are the new love interest and the best buddy (who knows his secret) part of a more recent continuity? I'm not familiar with those characters at all.
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

I was hoping for more out of those trailers. Maybe it's a side effect of this being the sixth Spider-man film and any freshness is sort of lost because of it. But I feel like I should be a lot more giddy about another spider-man movie. Something is lacking for me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

When you have a shot of Spidey swinging around in NYC alongside Iron Man, and it barely registers, something is off.

Still though, I hope they nail the smaller moments that I love from Spider-man. The fact that they show him in high school and have him catch robbers is a good thing. And if it's really more about him going about his life and not about grand scale action, then it would make sense that it doesn't really sell as a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    So are the new love interest and the best buddy (who knows his secret) part of a more recent continuity? I'm not familiar with those characters at all.
    The Liz they're staring at (and who I think is on the phone later) is Liz Allen. His best friend is apparently named Ned Leeds but he's pretty much Ganke form the Miles Morales comics. They're being vague about who Zendaya is playing.
    Last edited by jharker; 12-09-2016 at 04:13 AM.

The Vulture is the very first Spider-Man superbad. It's genius for them to have him as the villain, and Spidey beats him in the comic using SCIENCE, which helps showcase Pete's brain - something all the other movies never truly did. Plus Michael Keaton gets to actually fly as a "Bird Man".

I'm stoked. This is finally the Spider-Man I've always wanted on the big screen.
    Cheers, Alex

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    It just amazes me how good these movies are consistently.

One thing about Disney that stemmed from Walt is quality in all their products.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    It's neat that they gave him moving eyes, but I was good with Amazing Spiderman. The Raimi movies never clicked with me, the trademark awful CGI that is prevalent in Raimi's work did them no favors. Practical stunt work is why I dug Amazing, and this one at least seems to have the action visuals that don't look like a Playstation game of the first three.

Am I the only person who thinks this kid looks very mature? It's like a 30 year old head on a 17 year old body.

It's also funny that Iron Man is now the Wolverine of Marvel movies. I remember the good old days of 2007 when dummies were predicting Iron Man was going to bomb at the box office because he was a "C level" character.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero