Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Just saw it and really enjoyed it.
    Open for commissions.
    Art Blog: http://mackartwork.blogspot.com/
    Please PM me or drop me a e-mail at mackart@rogers.com

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    It's been a few weeks, so maybe spoilers are ok...

Saw it and reeally liked it. Thought Tom did a superb job as both peter and Spidey. And the Vulture/Tombes was a fantastic villain. The interactions and battles between them were top bar. I was ok with Stark being in the mix, and didn't feel it did much harm orgood, either way. But, hated Flash and the highschool crew. Not because of their acting, but in part, the casting, and largely the writing. Flash was not intimidating as a bully at all, and Pete's love interest was meh. And yet AGAINa friend has their dad as the main baddie?!?! Also didn't care for Aunt May. yeah, she's decent looking... but not sure how al that focus added anythign to the plot.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

I thought Flash was a nice twist. I really didn't need another physical bully who ends up getting his comeuppance in some scene after Parker has his powers.

In a way this Flash is tougher for Peter as he can't simply humiliate him by overpowering/embarrassing him with his powers. Flash is a spolit rich kid and humiliates him in other was (the DJ scene) that Peter can't really overcome. Making his frustrations with it even more annoying for Peter.

Not saying it was perfect, but I liked the idea of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPS017 View Post
    I thought Flash was a nice twist. I really didn't need another physical bully who ends up getting his comeuppance in some scene after Parker has his powers.

In a way this Flash is tougher for Peter as he can't simply humiliate him by overpowering/embarrassing him with his powers. Flash is a spolit rich kid and humiliates him in other was (the DJ scene) that Peter can't really overcome. Making his frustrations with it even more annoying for Peter.

Not saying it was perfect, but I liked the idea of it.
    That's a good point. I didn't even think of it that way.

Saw it and liked it.

I was actually really impressed with the Vulture. They took one of the goofiest Spider-Man villains and turned him into a real person with believable motivations. Someone who was really just trying to get by in a way, not the typical "I must destroy the planet" villain that we typically get in superhero movies. I was also worried that the Vulture would just be another high tech mech villain--but I think the design of the suit and the way it functioned made sense, especially in light of the type of heists he was pulling off.

The one big drawback for me was the absence of spider-sense. I didn't see any mention of it as a power and I think the Stark tech--particularly the onboard computer--was meant to take it's place. Which is kind of losing a defining aspect of the character for me. Spidersense is THE thing that consistently saves Peter's ass and informs his fighting style and allows him to stand up against a lot of the more powerful baddies who can't just be webbed into submission.

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Yeah, I think so too. Would explain why he didn't avoid falcons drone in Civil War now.

Probly going to make the suit do the spider sense, webbing etc with Peters powers being enhanced strength, agility, and wall climbing.

He was still kind of using the training wheels program when he activated the full suit, so might be something we see later in the other movies.

Wonder what Kill mode does tho hah
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Ok ,with the Infinity War trailer we now know how they will do spider sense.

SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
    Its not the suit he has it as a power which makes civil war, and Homecoming a little confusing
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol