Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Movies

I saw this movie last week at a festival. Written and directed by Jeremy Saulnier, who made Blue Ruin. I thought Blue Ruin was a great surprise. A fun, pulpy revenge thriller. Green Room was a great follow up and makes Saulnier someone who's work I'll always want to check out.

It's basically a siege thriller. A punk band has a gig at a club run by Neo Nazis (with Patrick Stewart as patriarchal leader). They end up locked up in the green room, when they accidentally witness a murder, and have to fight their way out of the situation.
    It kinda reminded me of From Dusk till Dawn, but without any supernatural monsters. Although there was one split second where I was wondering if the skinheads were going to turn into werewolves (because of hints in the movie).

It didn't end up being that kind of horror movie, but there were certainly moments that were horrific. It's a super tense movie, and made me feel like DXDragon, thinking I needed blood pressure meds as well. But it's also a lot of fun, with some humour mixed with the tense scenes.

Highly recommended! (I think it comes out in May in the US)

I wouldn't recommend watching the red band trailer. It gives a bit too much away.

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Damn it.

I've managed to hold it together for some really gut wrenching stuff, but The Tale of Princess Kaguya got me right in the feels.

I don't know if it sucked me in with it's exceptional beauty, but about half way through the movie I got the sneaking suspicion Studio Ghibli had my heart in their hands and were juggling with it, knowing it was going to drop at some point.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Pee Wee's Big Holiday was pretty fun.

Joe Manganiello is my pick for a live action Lobo since Warner Brothers has thrown Jason Momoa to the fishes.

Watched Pee-wee yesterday, it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be. And I 2nd Joe as Lobo.
    "Swiper no Swiping" - da da da Dora the Explorer

Checked out The Green Inferno this past week.

Pretty enjoyable. Bonus enjoyment if you're tired of social media show offs.

Quote Originally Posted by jharker View Post

I saw this movie last week at a festival. Written and directed by Jeremy Saulnier, who made Blue Ruin. I thought Blue Ruin was a great surprise. A fun, pulpy revenge thriller. Green Room was a great follow up and makes Saulnier someone who's work I'll always want to check out.

It's basically a siege thriller. A punk band has a gig at a club run by Neo Nazis (with Patrick Stewart as patriarchal leader). They end up locked up in the green room, when they accidentally witness a murder, and have to fight their way out of the situation.
    It kinda reminded me of From Dusk till Dawn, but without any supernatural monsters. Although there was one split second where I was wondering if the skinheads were going to turn into werewolves (because of hints in the movie).

It didn't end up being that kind of horror movie, but there were certainly moments that were horrific. It's a super tense movie, and made me feel like DXDragon, thinking I needed blood pressure meds as well. But it's also a lot of fun, with some humour mixed with the tense scenes.

Highly recommended! (I think it comes out in May in the US)

I wouldn't recommend watching the red band trailer. It gives a bit too much away.
    Caught this tonight at the drive-in.

Pretty good all around. Feels like something Garth Ennis would have made, and is very well paced. So, compared to a movie like Dredd where your gun power protagonist runs out of ammo 1/3rd of the way into the movie; and isn't particularly intelligent, and has no martial arts abilities - you're left with a drag ass bore of a middle and third act. This one is well paced all the way through and while you're dealing with a cast of jabronis versus crazy people, you're never sitting there checking your watch to see when it will end.

I'll have to see it again since the drive-in projection was a bit washed out due to the brighter evening.

Bone Tomahawk. Brutal!

Open for commissions.
    Art Blog: http://mackartwork.blogspot.com/
    Please PM me or drop me a e-mail at mackart@rogers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Bone Tomahawk. Brutal!

Had it's moments.

Loved the cast.

Thought the script and pacing could have been better.

Stayed up too late last night catching The Nice Guys, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved the 70's setting - I just enjoy period entertainment every now and again, and it would be great if more comic movies took a crack at it. If you grew up with 80's action movies, this is right in your wheelhouse.

One of the baddies in it also does a great job of channeling Taylor Negron in The Last Boyscout.

I watched Room over the weekend. Wasn't expecting it to be what it was. For some reason I thought it was like a thriller/horror film. It was ok. Not as mind blowing as I had heard.

I'm going to watch Gods of Egypt over this weekend. I've heard it's absolutely awful. Only one way to know for sure though.
    my deviantart
    SKETCHUMS
    Wins: 29 (34%)
    Losses: 56
    ~end transmisson.