Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Other Movies

Life

Don't bother with this one. It's basically Alien meets Gravity. Only not nearly as good as either of those films. I'm seeing some reviews saying that it's meant as a meta comment on those kind of movies, but I think that's giving the movie too much credit.
    It's not horrible, it's competently made and has nice visuals. But the characters behave pretty dumb throughout, and I just didn't see it bring anything new to the table.

Because Ryan Reynolds is in it, there's one sequence that's basically Hal Jordan vs. Starro, which was sorta amusing. But if I'm amusing myself in that way, then that means the movie itself wasn't doing its job in engaging me.

Have to agree about Life. What a waste of money.

Recently rewatched "7 years in Tibet" 1997 - one of the greatest movies I ever saw. 10/10
    Today going to watch The Beauty and The Best 2017 - hope it worth watching

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Power Rangers - I've never watched the TV show for an extended period, I'm not a fan, and I was afraid I was going to be trapped in a theater for two terrible hours.

Instead I got a pretty fun superhero movie.

It's certainly not perfect, but I ended up enjoying it more than any of the Marvel movies I've seen over the past few years. Where nothing is shocking, and there are no teeth to bare. Power Rangers has some pretty shocking moments, going in with no expectations and an immense fear I was wasting my time.

Don't run out to see it, but definitely give it a rent or stream it when it hits Netflix.

New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Get Out was the second feature after Fate of the Furious.

It's like Keanu, feels like a two hour Key and Peele skit. About the same amount of laughs too.

Angry Black Guy [SUPPORTER] dmario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencilero View Post
    Get Out was the second feature after Fate of the Furious.

It's like Keanu, feels like a two hour Key and Peele skit. About the same amount of laughs too.
    Nah, GET OUT was excellent.
    dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Return If Possible [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I haven't seen it yet, but when I movie with a $4M budget makes almost $170M domestically, that usually means it's really really really good. I can't wait to see Get Out.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Quote Originally Posted by Popninja View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but when I movie with a $4M budget makes almost $170M domestically, that usually means it's really really really good. I can't wait to see Get Out.
    It's worth seeing.

I just wish the satire were more biting. It's such a bizarre movie, but I can see why dmario is so in love with it.

It scores points for no B.S. jump scares, and not having an exceedingly stupid protagonist, which is the downfall of so many modern horror movies. Even in horror movies that are highly praised (The Invitation), it feels more like the director wants to just lead the audience through the paces of their horror plot, with no real interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by candys View Post
    Recently rewatched "7 years in Tibet" 1997 - one of the greatest movies I ever saw. 10/10
    Today going to watch The Beauty and The Best 2017 - hope it worth watching
    I read the book once. Interesting, but a bit more Nazi in it if I remember!!

Blackcoats daughter 2015 aka February - slow burn horror from a24 (the witch) defo worth a watch
    Nocturnal Animals 2016 - Lynch-like psychothriller with layered storytelling and great acting imo

Two movies I sincerely enjoyed watching, recommended!
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial