Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Movies

Movies Other Movies

So....they are movies other than comic book movies, which have their own thread....so no high jacking...you know who you are.

Two movies I just saw...a double header on Sunday...

The man from U.N.C.L.E & Agent 47

The man from U.N.C.L.E, was actually a pretty damn cool movie. It was like a throw back to the Sean Connery Bond films, just done better...as far as production values. Hammer and Cavill were actually enjoyable. I didn't expect much from Hammer after the Lone Ranger fiasco, but he pulled off the slightly insane Russian spy with a good amount of humor. If you want a movie that made you wish that you were actually there....this is the movie.

Agent 47. I don't play video games so I was slow on the inside knowledge but the movie helped you along. It's an over the top action movie but it's based on the premise that you are dealing with enhanced humans. To be honest, it kinda gives you a real look at how average humans would not be able to ever match up against enhanced beings....you'd die. Overall, it was enjoyable and I'll probably be getting it on Blue Ray.
    www.keithdustin.com

Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar

I watched The Bridge - on the surface it appears ghoulish, but it's a documentary about the high rate of suicides on the Golden Gate Bridge.

The film maker read an article called The Jumpers about the topic, and then spent a year filming the bridge. Then reconstructing some of the lives of the jumpers from families and friends.

There are also accounts of folks who attempted suicide, but managed to survive, and their impressions as the act was occurring.

It's a really good look at depression, and how suicide impacts the lives of those left behind.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Just saw 7th Son. It was better than I expected. I thought it was going to be some goofy story with bad SFX. There effects were decent and the goofiest part was Jeff Bridges mush mouth. Which was kind of annoying at times.

Also saw Kingsman recently which IS a comic book movie but I didn't realize it was until it was over. Good spy/action movie. Some parts were predictable, but there was a bunch of surprises as well. Probably my favorite movie of the year so far.
    my deviantart
    SKETCHUMS
    Wins: 29 (34%)
    Losses: 56
    ~end transmisson.

Hitman was awful.
    PTX40: Magnetizin' babes since '88.
    ---
    My site: http://crimeroyale.deviantart.com/
    My webcomic: http://blue-blaster.com/

If you like crime flicks - Cold in July is supremely bad ass.

It starts off as a by the numbers average man defending his family from a career criminal, and then takes an amazing turn. I don't want to spoil it for you, but seriously - if you love crime flicks, or comics like 100 Bullets it's a great damn movie.

Watched Under the Skin tonight.

Great score, but I need a FAQ to wrap my head around it.

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Watched Cold in July, was pretty good. Watched his other film a year back " We are what we are" , and liked that one as well.

Have to track down Stake Land now.

FYI If you have amazon prime the Steve Rude documentary is available for free. It's called the Rude Dude.

And I would like to recommend "What We Do in the Shadows" very funny mockumentary in the vein of Spinal Tap.

“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Checked out Never Let Me Go

And Lords of Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Pencilero View Post
    If you like crime flicks - Cold in July is supremely bad ass.

It starts off as a by the numbers average man defending his family from a career criminal, and then takes an amazing turn. I don't want to spoil it for you, but seriously - if you love crime flicks, or comics like 100 Bullets it's a great damn movie.

I second this suggestion. Southern fried noir!

Testing... for Science. [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I'm desperate to watch What We Do In The Shadows. Gonna have to try and catch it on Amazon.
    ONLINE PORTFOLIO
    DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."