Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sketchier Situation

Was googling my name (as one does) and found out I have a comic coming out at the end of this month.

Drew this back in 2010. (The issue, not the cover. Erich Owen did that. ) Cool to see it finally coming out. Will post some pages later on I guess. Shall be interesting to see the progress over the three issues I did. Just started to teach myself anatomy as I worked the 2nd. The 3rd looks fairly close to what I do now. Bowed out after that, so someone else will be drawing the last one.

Was it paid work (if you don't mind my asking)? I've never heard of that imprint.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Man, published badger work!
    That is too cool.have to share some pages.
    Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Quote Originally Posted by MLaw
    Was it paid work (if you don't mind my asking)? I've never heard of that imprint.
    Back end. (I know I know). Will see how it goes. It was a good learning experience however. Forced me to teach myself a lot of stuff I didn't know in order to get the job done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluewater_Productions

Quote Originally Posted by stoat
    Man, published badger work! That is too cool.have to share some pages.
    I shall once gets closer to being released. Still haven't seen the colored pages myself yet.

I wasn't complaining about the size of the publisher or anything.. I've done work for way-small press before and it was unpaid (experience my ass) and did not work out well. I hope it works out man. Can't wait to see those pages
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Heh, and I wasn't trying to be passive agressive or anything. Posting a link was just the easiest thing to do. Sorry it didn't work out in your case. And thanks.

---

Here are designs for two characters in the first issue. December 2009.

And the blurb:
    In this dramatic 4-issue crossover, the 10th Muse teams up with Mike Baron’s fan favorite “The Badger.” When the time stream is weakened, the 10th Muse is thrust into a dark future where Mt. Olympus has been destroyed, and the pantheon of the Gods is now hunted. There she fights a twisted version of Mercury. In the heat of battle, the teleporting Mercury loses control of his power, and transports them to the world of “The Badger.”
    Mercury is the one on the right.
    Last edited by D.C.; 10-05-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Soldier Of Fortune NewYorkPicasso's Avatar
    This blog is blazin'...
    "I'm not just a member, I'm also the President"

www.facebook.com/newyorkpicasso
    http://eriktorres.deviantart.com/
    @nypicasso....instagram

Thanks.
    ---

PAGE 1

Pencils

Inks

Original colors from several years ago. (Not sure who the colorist was.)

Final page.
    Last edited by D.C.; 10-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.

The colorist on the final page... no bueno.
    SOVEREIGN: The Return vol. 1 is now live on kickstarter. Please support or spread the word https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphic-novel-0

Yeah, I was a bit worried after looking up his name to learn he's primarily an inker and not a colorist. I guess my fears were justified. I have the first 9 pages done from the first colorist and the first three by him. I actually prefer his page 3 to the first guy. Maybe he gets better as it goes along? Maybe...

Not crazy about my art in this issue anyway so everyone is just polishing turds...but would be nice to have high quality turd polish.