Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MLaw's Sketchbook(NSFW)

Continuing on with my experimentation.. This was inked with the pen tool over a sketch layer. I can't stand how flat the pen tool feels so I dropped in some quick tones.

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Wolverine Vs Hulk WiP. Thanks for everyone that helped pick the composition.. still have a lot of work to do on the value drawing.

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Here's the final image. Had a lot of fun, learned a lot. Most important part of any project IMO

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Cyclops speed paint..
    by speed I mean like.. 45 minutes :P No reference.. kinda crappy but damn, I'm happy I was able to crank it out that fast

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

A few people have sent PMs trying to figure out what happened or wondering why someone who is normally positive/constructive would suddenly flip out.

Short story... too much personal stress. If you're here for hate or don't really care what I have to say.. stop reading now. Nobody told you to come to my sketchbook.

If you are here in my personal sketchbook, then guess what you get the long version too.
    Friday was my birthday. My wife had taken Friday off so we could spend the day together... so naturally her boss (the Navy) makes her stay really late Thursday.. so that none of the stuff she wants to get done to surprise me happens.. so she gets home and is a mess. Fine.. cool. Stuff happens.
    Friday morning, we go see Riddick on I-Max. Phone is on vibrate.. my sons' school calls.. followed by a call from my estranged biological mother. Movie gets out and all I see is her call... so we go on our way shopping for the stuff my wife would've gotten the night before (mix for tamales for people who are writing a book). I get home and go pick up the kids.. but I'm on the phone with my estranged bio-mom who I haven't talked to in like 5+ years. When I pick the kids up from school, I don't notice my son holding his arm.. and he doesn't want to interrupt my conversation. Finally, I notice that he has a bump on his elbow the size of a golf ball (he is 10 years old btw). The next several hours are spent in the ER and with me figuring out what to do with half-cooked tamales and gluten-free birthday cake.. but they get the bite treated and we have to wait several hours for the pharmacy to fix their screwed up automated system. We get home.. things are settling down.. I get a call from my adopted mom (the one that actually raised me..she's really old). She tells me happy birthday.. then proceeds to tell me about her preceding night. The one she spent in the ER finding out that her body is failing. Her intestinal tract is riddled with ulcers, she's got a slew of medical problems.. her body is failing her. They are giving her powerful drugs but at this point most are not working and she is being kept comfortable and being told to do this and that..but the writing is on the wall. Considering I just lost an aunt and my wife lost a relative 2 months ago... I'm already in a dark place. So yeah.. Friday was my birthday. Then came Saturday.. a hangover, some frustration over some stuff I don't even care about at this point.. followed by seeing a community's true colors.
    I have just over 700 posts here.. have only been in this community for a few months.. but have tried to help anyone I felt I could in that time. I had a bad day.. flipped out.. and the sharks smelled the blood in the water. The bridges went into auto-immolate mode, and the negative rep started pouring in.
    3 people asked me what was up in PMs. Everyone else basically gave me the finger. You guys have fun with this petty shit.. I've got to figure out how I can spend more time with my mom who is on the other side of the country.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm just here checking out your sketchbook, I missed the flipping out incident and whatever events led up to it. I think the majority of the community is probably like me--they aren't aware of everything that's going on here all the time. Whether you continue here or not, I wish you the best.

Runs with Scissors [Moderator]
    [Administrator]
    Blog Entries
    When you flip out... For whatever reason, people are going to react to it. Best thing to do is own it, apologize and move on. You aren't going to win any favor by deflecting blame.

Sorry you are having a hard time and hope things get better for you.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

When people react, regardless of the circumstances, they show who they are.. who they really are. This place is disgusting..

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Runs with Scissors [Moderator]
    [Administrator]
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I see you going off on people voting, and even going off on Dev... And I reacted. I'm a horrible, horrible person for responding.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Sorry to hear about your troubles man, I don't agree about people reacting showing who they truly are, not on the internet anyway. Its true for real life, though web-wise its far to easy to act the dick and move on (they know who they are) shrug it off and disregard who they said it to as names on a screen. Not everyone is like that and with your emotional tension high I think you, even though I only know you as words on a screen, acted well out of character enough so that I could see something wasn't quite right.

I think it would be a damn shame if the community lost some of the new blood to old blood's bullshit, that's not me saying you're guiltless btw but I do believe in extenuating circumstances. In a nutshell I hope you go away for a month or two and sort out the important shit that's going on, then come back here. I know I'd be glad to see you return and if anyone gives you shit for blowing off steam give them the big **** you and walk on. Big personalities can dominate on well established forums, this place is no different, that doesn't make them right.

I hope your back and in pummel soon, this is -1 to the community for me.
    Disneyfied T&A
    My deviantart