Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MLaw's Sketchbook(NSFW)

Liking your Storm there. Nice works!

thanks again FM
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Busted this out pretty quick. Overall the idea feels under-developed but I can't put my finger on it other than maybe extend the background.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Speedpaint of Samus for Weekly Sketch Group

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Did a study of a bodybuilder's upper body. It's pretty funny that this is how people draw Wolverine, Batman, Cyclops, etc.. but this guy weighs like 300 lbs and is almost pure muscle.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Another body-builder study. Not sure how much of this I'll retain but I have sorely needed to get back into anatomy studies.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

So, I'm trying out different digital approaches. This one was similar to the Toney Freeman study (2 posts earlier) but instead of pushing it to a finer render, I toned it down and came back over it with "inks" using a pencil brush in Photoshop. I honestly prefer the Toney Freeman study but this one has the lines on a layer so there's that.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Interesting to see your experimenting, it's working pretty well. IMO the last piece is the strongest even though you voted for the one 3 posts above. I think the last has a proper finished look, there is nothing off and you had a good grip on the style itself. I guess if you separate the figure from the background you will believe me:-)
    Cheers,
    Einar

Sketchblog
    DA page

Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    Interesting to see your experimenting, it's working pretty well. IMO the last piece is the strongest even though you voted for the one 3 posts above. I think the last has a proper finished look, there is nothing off and you had a good grip on the style itself. I guess if you separate the figure from the background you will believe me:-)
    I forgot the posts are numbered.. I was referring to number 15.. not sure if that's the one you meant or if you thought I was talking about the Samus.

On the experimenting... yeah.. I've been experimenting with pretty much every single thing I've done here outside of the speed paints.. which are me in my comfort zone.. So far the most challenging has been the traditional stuff I've tried. The last one is very clean compared to most of my stuff.. but I also took like 2 hours to draw that one guy and it was pretty much a literal drawing of the reference. I dunno.. I'm pretty conflicted about "how" I should be creating art.. especially for sequentials.

Thanks for popping in Einar, I'll definitely take what you said into consideration.. especially going into this next PUMMEL. I might give that style a try.
    I did a little more in a looser sketchier style earlier for WSG.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

I did up a Lobo for the WSG.. the original is on a dark background. When I finished it the darkness was really annoying but it's a byproduct of all of the multiply layers I use... so I cut him out and put him on a lighter background. Not sure which one looks better since they're both plain. Any thoughts would be helpful.

my deviantart
    my sketchbook