Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Penciljack.com needs YOUR help

Terry Stevens [Administrator] penciljack's Avatar

Exclamation Penciljack.com needs YOUR help

PJ_NeedsYourHelp.png

Penciljack.com has survived for more than 10 years thanks entirely to you folks. You've proven to be a loyal, resilient and incredibly patient community and many of you kept the lights on and engines running even when I was AWOL.

Following a lot of our recent server issues (double posts, anyone? double posts anyone?) many of you have reached out to me in posts, PMs and e-mails and indicated you'd be willing to donate to help improve the site.

At this time, we're accepting donations specifically to upgrade to a dedicated server and help cover hosting and equipment costs. Any gifts are appreciated, and there's no minimum. If you still believe in what PJ is and has been over the years, and what it could be, we'd appreciate any support you can offer.

Please note, these donations are not tax deductible. If you choose to donate to this effort, please indicate your forum username in the instructions within PayPal. Users who give any amount will be included in a new user group with some special perks.

Thanks to all of you who've supported Penciljack.com over the years. I'll be asking for more help over the coming weeks, not just in terms of money but in time and talent. It's time to let this site be what it was meant to be.

How much do you need for this upgrade?
    There are only two kinds of artists: Bad artists and bad artists who refuse to quit.
    Middle Weight Wins:8 Losses:6 KO:5

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I'm wondering if it'd be good to have a fundraising thermometer type of thing.

Either way, I'll contribute when I'm off of vacation in a week.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW! [SUPPORTER] 50%grey's Avatar
    Contributed.

PJ can you put this in General so more people see it?
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Member [SUPPORTER] Crimson Spider's Avatar
    As Sketchbook and Juggertha noted, an overall amount and progress update would be helpful.

PJ has been my online home for going on 11 years now. Time to give back.

Return If Possible [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    I don't need to know about amounts and progress. PJ has been my premier online spot for over a decade. I owe a lot to this place, so I contributed what I could yesterday, and if I need to give more down the line, then I will.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Blog Entries
    Contributed what I could. Thanks for keeping the site going, Terry.
    http://www.lostonwallace.com
    http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com

I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:
    http://www.lostonwallace.com

Runs with Scissors [Moderator]
    [Administrator]
    Blog Entries
    Trying to contribute but get this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Penciljack Forum
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Just contributed. I'm sure the many talented folks here can contribute art to sell on E-bay or what not. Just putting that idea out there. I know I have a BUNCH of sketches (most done for our very own WSG) and art that I can donate.
    Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

Terry Stevens [Administrator] penciljack's Avatar
    Folks, thanks so much for your kind words and your continued moral support, as well as the financial support. The informal goal is about $1k, to cover the costs of the new hardware and some software licensing.

I didn't want to post that originally because I didnt want anybody to feel obligated to try to come up with any more than they were willing and able to spare - I know times are tough. But I understand its only fair to state the goal, otherwise this could easily be viewed as some perpetual scam to play on your sympathies and I do NOT want to do that. We're about 1/4 of the way there and I'm humbled by the generosity many of you have shown.