Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Huerta Art

Huerta Art

I'm curious about what you guys think

I don't get much feedback on my sequential work so just trying to improve on anything I can

Huerta
    SOVEREIGN: The Return vol. 1 is now live on kickstarter. Please support or spread the word https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphic-novel-0

Man Mountain [SUPPORTER] scmarooney's Avatar
    I like the draftsmanship in each individual panel, Huerta, but it's a bit hard to tell what is happening in terms of story-telling. Each panel seems either like a close-up or an extreme-closeup, and I really like the dark inks and artistic style, but I'm not sure there is enough room in each panel to include a lot of text or speech-balloons? Without a bit more context or extra pages it's hard to make a judgement about what I'm seeing.

Look forward to seeing more of your sequential work, though!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Neophyte
    I don't know whats going on there but it sure looks good. Maybe if I saw the page before or after this one I could give a better explanation! It still looks great..

Peeped your blog. SWAG!

Blog Entries
    was this done in Manga Studio?

I love the art, but its hard to follow right out. Though its full of energy!

Love the MAD influences, so awesome

Thanks guys.

I see your point on it being busy and kind of hard to read but I know colors, especially with this style, always make things read clearer. And no on the manga studio, I only ink with Sharpies. I use sharpies because it gives me an uneven line that also bleeds on certain areas. It gives the art a more "raw" feeling, because everyone and their mom is into inking perfectly with clean lines and I want my stuff to stick out from the rest.

Here are the 3 pages before this one

SOVEREIGN: The Return vol. 1 is now live on kickstarter. Please support or spread the word https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphic-novel-0

Are you going to be coloring this? I like the how energetic these pages read.
    Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

No colors from me.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to colors so I hope its someone who understands the style I'm using.

Has anyone ever had that thing where you see something and you're like, "I must read this!"? That's what this is like for me.

I love the detail. Its very explosive! Esp on the second page

Redmond, Oregon/ also known as Central Oregon
    I really admire your eye for detail
    Your work reminds me of an artist back in the 70's Alex Nino ( comes to mind..)