Most Popular Blogs

1. Cover: Transformers: The IDW Collection Vol. I

I never knew there was a blog for Penciljack.

I think it's safe to post the cover, since it was made public for quite awhile now.

IDW came to me asked me to be involve with designing the look and feel of this series of hardcover. So in case you are wondering why I posted the typefaces and designs, because I got to design the whole thing this time.

This series of cover will feature one character who would be pretty prominent in the particular volume ...

Updated 05-07-2010 at 09:18 PM by E.J.Su

Categories
    Covers + Pin-ups
  2. Gray Hulk

Pencils and inks: Loston Wallace
    Colors: Steve Downer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. PUMMEL entries from then to now

There are a lot of activities at Penciljack that help you sharpen your skills while having a bit of fun. But the idea of pitting my skills against some very talented dudes has really pushed me a great deal over the past two years or so.

Thought I'd make my first blog post on PJ a start to finish string of images to show where I started and where I am now.

Thing vs. Brokenhill
    http://www.davidbovey.com/images/thing2.jpg

Thor vs. Dri
    http://www.davidbovey.com/images/thor2.jpg ...
  4. Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Work: 21st Century Digital Edition

Wally Wood's 22 panels.
    You can download a hi-rez version to print here.

5. Erasers are not for mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Symson View Post
    Pink Pearl, plastic, art gum, kneaded and erasers are the kinds most often used. You don't want to let your palm touch the paper while you're drawing. Hand oils and sweat harm the paper surface and can make it difficult to erase and to lay down ink. So you certainly don't want to buy an eraser that has oil in it.

Pink Pearl has a pumice - a volcanic ash from Italy - that helps the organic rubber erase and gives it an abrasive quality. The rubber and vulcanized vegetable oil (factice)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast