All Blog Entries

1. Adding impact to your stories

Some tips

1. Make sure that the stakes are very high.
    2. Your characters should know that if they fail, the consequences will be dire.
    3. Have your characters stubborn, and unwilling to make the changes they need to make to succeed, until there is no other hope.
    4. Be subversive, but make sure your subversiveness rings true with your audience.
    5. Create a rooting interest. The audience should be hoping that one side succeeds.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Commie Zombies FAIL!

I'm so ashamed. Nobody ended up turning in a complete entry for the Sequential League for February and, though Scamarooney's one page was awesome, it was still not complete. I should've done one myself though and that's why I'm ashamed.

I'm not going to waste space trying to come up with excuses to justify me not drawing three pages in the time allowed. After all, I made the rules and I was the one that thought I could get away with not drawing anything since I had more than ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Doh!

no laptop at home + too busy to do anything else means I'm gonna have to photograph my pummel entry with my iPhone (which will suck heavily) and upload to photobucket. It's gonna be really shitty quality :-(

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why storytelling is so important.

Sometimes, with all of the advances we have made in science, medicine, technology, and elsewhere, what a struggle it really is to survive in this world. We require food, shelter, security, and so much more.

The human brain is hardwired to survive. In order to survive, we need to be able to adapt, and respond to our environment. To do that, we rely heavily on our personal experience to guide us. We must feel the warmth of a fire, to understand that it is not adviseable to stick ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960